Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Formic »

Things might be a bit grim for the Poppies according to a Jon Dunham tweet

"Had word that @KTFCOfficial have today been wound up in London's High Court over a £58,000 debt to Rushden & Diamonds (2008) Ltd"
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

£58k, is that all?! After RJ must've spent at least £100k over the summer.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

In my view the Ploppies still have to navigate past the Winding up order, i don't think its as simple as RJ is making it sound.

If its as RJ says only a matter of the wording to be agreed to cancel the Lease then why has the Order not been dropped by KC, if its a matter of a few words in the right order then surely you don't need the High Court appearences and 3 adjournments, nah the words that are in discussion is more like 60 thousand pounds from RJ against Three hundred thousand pounds from KC to be inserted in the lease cancellation.

The last adjournment was only 2 weeks instead of a month a sign the judge is getting bored, maybe he will be totally bored on the 2nd Sept and just close the Ploppies down.

I put the above on the other thread and for once in my life i may have been proved right.

It was dragging on too long for just a case of a few crossing of T's and dotting of I's.

No doubt they will appeal and have a scramble around for donations to bail them out.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Formic

Post by Formic »

There's nothing about it on either of the Poppies forums, but JD is checking the story - https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT

Some details on the process and what might happen next are here
http://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content ... order-made
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

if it is true how long will it be before their so-called fans start blaming us for their sad demise, even though Rushden & Diamonds(2008) Ltd is nothing to do with our old club!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

After the KTFC love-in in the ET lately it'll be interesting to see if they do any proper investigative work regarding this, something sadly lacking when we went under.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote:After the KTFC love-in in the ET lately it'll be interesting to see if they do any proper investigative work regarding this, something sadly lacking when we went under.
TBF Dunham's only one man so I'm not sure how deep he could go and how far he'd want to go considering the shady characters involved. #kneecaps

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Formic

Post by Formic »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:After the KTFC love-in in the ET lately it'll be interesting to see if they do any proper investigative work regarding this, something sadly lacking when we went under.
TBF Dunham's only one man so I'm not sure how deep he could go and how far he'd want to go considering the shady characters involved. #kneecaps
Maybe true - but with his family history with KTFC he might get more of an insight than most.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Cotty wrote:if it is true how long will it be before their so-called fans start blaming us for their sad demise, even though Rushden & Diamonds(2008) Ltd is nothing to do with our old club!
They won't go under if its only £58k, They will appeal to delay the winding up and either RJ goes deeper into his pockets and/or it will be a rally round to the faithful to dig deep again and place their pensions in the buckets to save the club yet again.

Any plans for a bigger budget for the current or new manager most likely has now gone out of the window.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Biggles wrote:
Cotty wrote:if it is true how long will it be before their so-called fans start blaming us for their sad demise, even though Rushden & Diamonds(2008) Ltd is nothing to do with our old club!
They won't go under if its only £58k, They will appeal to delay the winding up and either RJ goes deeper into his pockets and/or it will be a rally round to the faithful to dig deep again and place their pensions in the buckets to save the club yet again.

Any plans for a bigger budget for the current or new manager most likely has now gone out of the window.
Hasn't it already been delayed twice though? At some point it's got to be made final?

AFC R&D - Member No. 46