[ Tue 5th Nov ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 7:45pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Re: [ Tue 5th Nov ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 7:45pm UCLP HOME

Post by Brownie »

One question, was the not a MOTM if so why :?: :?: Last season didn`t have one for the 2 defeats at Eynesbury & Oadby just wheeled Hopey out for question time, presume if the had been a match sponsor last night they would have selected one :?: not that it`s any great issue, but in a narrow defeat, which for the most part we played well and dominated with possibly 7/8 players putting in a solid performance :!: Parky was interviewed but presume that was just as senior statesman.
Frogerz

Post by Frogerz »

The league was long gone before last night, focus on building a squad going forward for next year.
Roll on The Vase and to getting a good atmosphere back!
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

We can't buy a win against a half decent side at the moment. Why people think we can get anywhere in the Vase is baffling :?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Rushdenjim wrote:We can't buy a win against a half decent side at the moment. Why people think we can get anywhere in the Vase is baffling :?
Got to cling on to something. The game against Wulfrunians is massive or we'll be facing a season of dead-rubbers from mid-November.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Rushdenjim wrote:We can't buy a win against a half decent side at the moment. Why people think we can get anywhere in the Vase is baffling :?
Well it`s not like we`re getting played off the park by anyone is it :?: Dover were better than us but then not by much for half the game, and they are Step 2 and did last week loose for the first time in a couple of months. Can`t think of one match this season we havn`t been the better side for most of it other than Cambridge, just not quite clicking and with out doubt not had the rub of the green on more than one occasion. Agree we possibly need 2/3 new faces in the right areas HOPEY WHERE ARE YOU :!: :!: but we ain`t that bad.
Sure in the past few years Millwall, Cardiff and Wigan fans have made comments like yours at the early stages of a well known Cup Comp ;) ;) If you give me the same odds as Betway I`ll have my £20 with you that we win on 16th, after which you never know. Don`t think is baffling just recognition that things are not far from being where we would all like.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote:
Got to cling on to something. The game against Wulfrunians is massive or we'll be facing a season of dead-rubbers from mid-November.
Not dead rubbers BR, but a process of building for the future :P
Frogerz

Post by Frogerz »

On the plus side AFC Wulfrunians have lost their last three games, so theres some hope surely?
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

If we're going to have to endure Aaron King for the rest of the season then IMO we'll have to go to a 4-3-1-2, with him in the hole. He just doesn't do enough in midfield to justify being there. Harris and Sean might not be as creative but at least they work their nuts off.

First on my wish list is King out and a new attacking midfielder in. I can't stand his attitude - sulking whenever he's not allowed to take free kicks and the ones he did take were awful - and his work-rate.

Last night reminded me a bit of the Salisbury home game from 09/10, we had quite a few good chances, didn't take them and Huntingdon took their two. Some days it just doesn't go in, onwards and upwards.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
supersub

Post by supersub »

My take on the game last night we were beat by a very good team, apart from their continually pushing. I thought Faz and Sam did some cracking passes in the first half, but towards the end of it I felt Faz was struggling a bit, hence the second half not so good. Agree that Alfie should be on the bench, but who can take his place? Found myself singing 'Whats it all about Alfie'. That brings me onto singing? Or should I say what singing?!!! Come on folks. SS
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

Bob's Bitch wrote: First on my wish list is King out and a new attacking midfielder in. I can't stand his attitude - sulking whenever he's not allowed to take free kicks and the ones he did take were awful - and his work-rate.
Dunks and Fazels attitude is just as bad if not worse, Fazel gives it away far too often yes they both score goals but so does Kingy, Dunks has missed a fair few lately too and they both don't always chase back, when Dunks blocked a goal bound shot on saturday he found it hilarious, if that was Alfie on the line and his shot he would of had a massive strop about it.

All this Alfie should be on the bench stuff is baffling I swear people watch different games at times, he was probably our most dangerous player last night going forward, he gives his all for the team and was player of the month for October, now 6 days into November he should be dropped??
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.