2011/2012 season tickets

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RushdenTillIDie

Re: 2011/2012 season tickets

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Fair enough, I know what it's like to be up at that time and not thinking straight. :) I'd give it until early next week, and then send it again. Or alternatively ring up the club.

From Oz! I think i'll just send another email end of next week if needs be ;)
nsman

Post by nsman »

Does anyone know if you can get your money back from Visa if you use a credit card to pay for the season tickets and the club goes bust during next year? (as looks increasingly likely).
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

RushdenTillIDie wrote: I've also emailed Gill, but no response as of yet...how long did it take for her to get back to you? just a response to say she's received it would be nice
2 or 3 days, but there was a weekend in between. She will reply I'm sure.
AFC R & D member number 34
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

nsman wrote:Does anyone know if you can get your money back from Visa if you use a credit card to pay for the season tickets and the club goes bust during next year? (as looks increasingly likely).
If it's true that the club now think that selling season tickets is not a priority and they think that they can go through the close season without that money then it would seem reasonable to expect that outcome. What club in their right mind can't see the benefit of selling season tickets over sales on the gates. Lack of experience in basic football business sense.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

What club in their right mind can't see the benefit of selling season tickets over sales on the gates. Lack of experience in basic football business sense

Yes having good season ticket sales early does give you valuable early income however in this league you could question that on our gate sizes.

In the second half of the season with loads of midweek fixtures against the also run teams with gates of 750-900 and mostly made up of season ticket holders its a cash flow nightmare.

So i can understand the new logic behind the pricing levels, they are still giving a discount on pay on the gate prices if you can guarantee making most home games but the new owners feel they may gain later in the season after Xmas on higher income on a game to game basis.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

I think in this particular clubs case having as much money as possible upfront is crucial, during the last 2 summers we have had to fight off winding up orders, presumably using season ticket money. If Mr Beasant really thinks, as has been suggested, that selling season tickets is not a particularly good thing I trust he has plans to bring in many thousands of pounds in extra revenue before August.
I understand what you are saying Biggles, but the danger is that we may still have loads of midweek games against also ran teams with gates of 450-600 mostly made up of season ticket holders.
Anyway pricing decisions have been taken so all we can do is hope I'm wrong and the board have got it right, and support the club as best we can, in my case paying on the day next season, as often as I can afford.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101