Match Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
CalversonDiamond

Re: Match Thread

Post by CalversonDiamond »

Flying High, Up In The sky, The Rushden Pheonix is flying high, From Our chosen ground, To The Football League, The Rushden Pheonix Is Flying High,[/color]
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

CalversonDiamond wrote:Justin frustrations - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 407740.stm

I kept my frustrations to myself in Strikers when JE came in.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
scot

Post by scot »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
CalversonDiamond wrote:Justin frustrations - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 407740.stm

I don't really think Justin can be blamed for todays performance.How many passes and free-kicks were wasted today :!: he can't control that.
AFC R&D Member 480
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

scot wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:

I don't really think Justin can be blamed for todays performance.How many passes and free-kicks were wasted today :!: he can't control that.

He can ccontrol his substitutions. Bringing on a striker yet taking off a decent winger/crosser of the ball. Taking off our only decent defender today. Playing a right back at left back. Perhaps practising free kicks and starting with the same eleven for a couple of weeks on the trot.
I'll stop there
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Agree with most of what has been said about the first/second half performances as it was so obvious. Can't believe the difference from last Tuesday.
Both Osano and Farrell are not the players of last season. Farrell's anticiaption and movement seem very slow and he can't win a header to save his life. Osano looks good going forward but can't do his day job and defend.
And credit to H and Y - although a very average side - they were organised and the goal was a beauty and for me their number 22, Wassmer was man of the match - can we sign him on for next season? Would be great alongside Huke
scot

Post by scot »

I kept my frustrations to myself in Strikers when JE came in.[/quote]

I don't really think Justin can be blamed for todays performance.How many passes and free-kicks were wasted today :!: he can't control that.[/quote]

He can ccontrol his substitutions. Bringing on a striker yet taking off a decent winger/crosser of the ball. Taking off our only decent defender today. Playing a right back at left back. Perhaps practising free kicks and starting with the same eleven for a couple of weeks on the trot.
I'll stop there[/quote]

Oshodi was a bit of a shock i agree.Charles did tire,bench wise Farrell was the only option maybe ?(even though i don't rate him). Tuesday Osano played really well as a left back.

Alan Power was not performing today.Rate him highly but he had a shocker from free kicks,corners and long passes.
AFC R&D Member 480
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by StaceyH »

I really struggle to understand you guys sometimes.

Charles is carrying an injury, on any other day he wouldn't even have made the bench let alone start. He couldn't play any longer than he did. Power should have been at home, not sat on the bench as he is suffering with the same virus that has laid low Day and Cowan-Hall. Justin struggled to make up numbers today so it was always going to be difficult and Tuesday night will be no different.
Eddie was taken off because he wasn't doing what was expected of him and following his tantrum at being substituted, I would have sent him back to Watford immediately. Just as well I'm not in charge!
Also, Justin is still here because HE wants to be; he had 2 opportunities to leave this week and turned them both down. I am glad he did.
Get behind the lads and give Justin some credit for a change instead of this constant negativity and getting on their backs. I agree today was frustrating, we dropped 2 points but it's not the end of the world.

On a different note, was that Jamie Hand playing for them, the guy who injured Millsy a few years back?
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
scot

Post by scot »

Diamondsforever wrote:I really struggle to understand you guys sometimes.

Charles is carrying an injury, on any other day he wouldn't even have made the bench let alone start. He couldn't play any longer than he did. Power should have been at home, not sat on the bench as he is suffering with the same virus that has laid low Day and Cowan-Hall. Justin struggled to make up numbers today so it was always going to be difficult and Tuesday night will be no different.
Get behind the lads and give Justin some credit for a change instead of this constant negativity and getting on their backs. I agree today was frustrating, we dropped 2 points but it's not the end of the world.

On a different note, was that Jamie Hand playing for them, the guy who injured Millsy a few years back?
I was trying to defend Justin DF.Now you have let us know about Charles and Powers it makes sense.
AFC R&D Member 480
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

On a different note, was that Jamie Hand playing for them, the guy who injured Millsy a few years back?[/quote]

yes it was.
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Diamondsforever wrote:I really struggle to understand you guys sometimes.

The mere fact that I was there after the week I've had including going to the game straight from A&E shows I do actually SUPPORT the lads. Its a pity they don't show the same ****ing commitment to the likes of us that do stand there freezing our bollox off.
When we have a perfectly fit squad JE still makes some very strange decisions. For example why do we struggle to play wide and stretch teams that come to defend? IMO the only reason he didn't go is that no other club would be so patient. I don't rate him and never have done.