R&D v Darlo

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: R&D v Darlo

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

We got a corner from the resulting play and if this was from a touch from the keeper, then no penalty and no card for O'Connor. From where i was stood i could not see if it was a foul or whether he got the ball
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:We got a corner from the resulting play and if this was from a touch from the keeper, then no penalty and no card for O'Connor. From where i was stood i could not see if it was a foul or whether he got the ball
The 'keeper didn't even get close to the ball, it was a blatant penalty (or should have been).
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
cliffhanger

Post by cliffhanger »

I have to agree, I dont think he did get the ball. I just thought I would ask your thoughts because the guy I sit with at games is the biggest Ref basher EVER! i presumed he had a decent game as he was very complimentary about him.... wouldnt mind but my mate is a qualified Ref!!!!!
Steve

Post by Steve »

cliffhanger wrote:I have to agree, I dont think he did get the ball. I just thought I would ask your thoughts because the guy I sit with at games is the biggest Ref basher EVER! i presumed he had a decent game as he was very complimentary about him.... wouldnt mind but my mate is a qualified Ref!!!!!
I thought apart from the penalty he was probably one off the better ones we've had for a little while. If they go unnoticed it's generally a good thing and I didn't notice him too often
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Pretty pleased with the results. Had a scare in the last minute when I felt they were refused a stonewall penalty for handball from Mr Huke but we deserve a bit of luck as we've had a bit of a rotten start to the season.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

cliffhanger wrote:I have to agree, I dont think he did get the ball. I just thought I would ask your thoughts because the guy I sit with at games is the biggest Ref basher EVER! i presumed he had a decent game as he was very complimentary about him.... wouldnt mind but my mate is a qualified Ref!!!!!
I beg to differ, but I think you'll find that I am the biggest ref basher ever! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Interesting to see Paul Driver's thoughts on the two penalties in his interview - http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 56,00.html
cliffhanger

Post by cliffhanger »

DAVEALBON... Whats your thougts on him then?
As for the 'stonewall' penalty in the last minute, it hit Huke straight in the nose!! even Cooper on one of his interviews said he had no problem with the dicision as he could see from where he was that it hit the face..... Bl**dy lucky though! Another Ref, another night?!? (and we have had some who would have given it!!) :-/
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

cliffhanger wrote:As for the 'stonewall' penalty in the last minute, it hit Huke straight in the nose!! even Cooper on one of his interviews said he had no problem with the dicision as he could see from where he was that it hit the face.....
Fair enough. I was sat in the North Stand and thought it got him in the arm.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

for some reason on tuesday i moved from the back of the debanke to right down to the front right of the terrace and i can tell you, I was closer to the ball than their keeper and there was definate contact. HOWEVER, imo it wasnt a penalty. Az change the direction and stalled his run to ensure contact was made by the keeper. It certainly wasnt a corner. Iv seen them given on motd, but I think Az should've been booked personally.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.