Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by oliv272 »

I too was interested in the state of the grounds recently and went to take some pictures-it's strange how some parts are looked after and yet others aren't. For example the grass at the front looks pretty bad but the grass next to The Diamond Centre is kept cut. For anyone interested who can bare to look at the place here are the pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95886426@N ... 3829955343
FuriousHoon / Ollie
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Haunting images. You should definitely post them somewhere else like Football Ground Guide or somewhere.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I saw that album last month, really good photos. It made me want to go round taking a few of my own.
Everyweeker wrote:
Noddy wrote:I do wonder who is doing and paying for the pitch maintenance at Nene Park. Although nothing has been done to Pitch 2 or 3 for a considerable period, the main pitch doesn’t look too bad.
<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">This is a guess - is this KC's way of proving he is providing the site in a reasonable fashion, thus not breaking any element of the contract he signed with IL (KTFC)?<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">If they owe him money, they then could not claim they had cause to break the contract.
I'd never thought of that actually, it's a very good idea. Surely since IL is the guarantor the rent should ultimately be payable by him though. That's what I don't understand, unless he says no, in which case I suppose KTFC will be wound-up. In August there were reports that Ladak was on the stadium site taking cash from the gate receipts to pay the rent, so I'm going to guess that payments were stopped from October onwards. That's in excess of £100,000 that Jeune might need to find.

IMO they won't get wound-up, I just can't see it happening. Jeune will pay off any sum that KC wants.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I don't know how the Southern League rules work, but if they are anything like the Conference rules they might have to consider the issue of whether this action by Cousins counts as a new "insolvency event" and given it has happened after the AGM, by the Conference rules that would result in a points deduction for next season.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Can't say I understand much of the situation really, but one question on poppynet struck me, why has KC left it this long? And I see they've got a fans forum tomorrow night, wonder whether it'll be similar to our infamous fans forum 2 years ago, because surely the amount owed to KC is going to be pretty substantial.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Olly wrote:............why has KC left it this long?..........because surely the amount owed to KC is going to be pretty substantial.
Probably because Ladick has been stringing KC along and promising him that once the outstanding DRC sponsorship monies have been paid then he will settle up. :D

Seriously, KC will have had a game plan as he did when he allowed RDFC to go out of business. Hasn't actually cost him much whilst the Stadium has been vacant since the empty business rates weren't his responsibility.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

If he winds up 2 football clubs through them being at Nene park then this will be power to his elbow that the site is not sustainable as a foot ball stadium ?
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

That's what I have thought for about twelve months Tony. I would bet proper money that he didn't expect K*ttering to still be going into 2013.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

BBC article here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23036056

Do think the author needs to make more of a fact that this has nothing to do with us.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

UttoDiamond wrote:BBC article here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23036056

Do think the author needs to make more of a fact that this has nothing to do with us.
It's on the BBC Sport homepage under the quick headline 'Rushden tries to wind up K*ttering' :lol: :lol: :lol: