Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Everyweeker »

Olly wrote:What's with these rumours on poppynet about Posh & NP, is there any truth in them does anyone know?
It is a farcical idea, given the size of NP and the size of the currently seated and available stands at London Road, even if others are renovated.
Member Number: 21
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

NP's capacity wouldn't cope with their average attendance at the moment (about 8400), which is about 54% of London Rd's capacity - they'd be better off closing stands independently and renovating them than relocating to NP for a period of time surely?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Pigman wrote:NP's capacity wouldn't cope with their average attendance at the moment (about 8400), which is about 54% of London Rd's capacity - they'd be better off closing stands independently and renovating them than relocating to NP for a period of time surely?
Yeah that's what I've always thought when I've read that rumour. Unless they could very quickly (and cheaply) add a second tier onto the Airwair (which is what it was designed for IIRC) to increase the capcity up to around 9,000?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
Pigman wrote:NP's capacity wouldn't cope with their average attendance at the moment (about 8400), which is about 54% of London Rd's capacity - they'd be better off closing stands independently and renovating them than relocating to NP for a period of time surely?
Yeah that's what I've always thought when I've read that rumour. Unless they could very quickly (and cheaply) add a second tier onto the Airwair (which is what it was designed for IIRC) to increase the capcity up to around 9,000?

let's be honest.............who in their right mind is going to invest money in NP?
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Yeah I agree, it was more trying to figure how why they would do it. It seems to me that it would be a huge expense on top of renovating London Road. Might as well just stay at London Road and do the terraces one at a time.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

I wonder how much it would cost to renevate the stand at hayden Rd? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Its a shame all the bad stories make the headlines. K*ttering town now feature on the BBC sport homepage...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19859492
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

Its a shame all the bad stories make the headlines. K*ttering town now feature on the BBC sport homepage...
You've only got to look at the main image of that story to lose any sadness for them.

Stalin

Post by Stalin »

In the future is there any chance of moving to Hayden Road?

Is there anyway we could groundshare with Rushden & Higham?

Judging by the attendance and comments on this message boards it seems like yesterdays game was more then just a game, it feels like it was more of a return to a spiritual long lost home.

I'm sure there is many, many barriers in the way and its probably not even remotely possible but the thought of AFC Rushden and Diamonds calling Hayden Road home just seems to fit perfectly.

I'm sure a future home would be situated on the outskirts of town but would there be any mileage in looking at the logistics of ground sharing with R&H almost in the town centre?
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Stalin, I asked the same question on the other thread, but I appears that because RH have so many teams there would be no free Saturdays for us. But I would love to move back there.

Get the stand sorted, remove that fence thing behind the goal and move the debank to the other end, that would suit us down to the ground for the short to medium term, then look (with a ground share with RH) for a community stadium on the outskirts of town. Mind you my mind lives in an ideal world.