Holbeach v Cogenhoe

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Holbeach v Cogenhoe

Post by Trek »

Diamond White wrote:Their attendance today was 112
Anything over three figures for Holbeach is classified as a 'bumper crowd'. ;)
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

The lad broke both bones in the leg.

He won't play this season, if again.

I hope he has a full recovery and decent insurance
Trek

Post by Trek »

paulg wrote:and hope it's not as serious as first feared.
It would appear to have been a very bad one, a broken tib and fib, which indicates why they didn't want to move him until the ambulance arrived. I recall playing in a game where that happened to an opponents striker after just 5 minutes.
Best wishes to the lad for a speedy recovery.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I'm glad that Cogenhoe proved me wrong today as I didn't see it coming. Still a long way to go though so we shouldn't get carried away but today is a boost. Already been touched on that Holbeach have started a blip but our away form has not been great and next week will be tricky. Also two meetings against Huntingdon (who beat us three times last season) and Wisbech at home who are on a decent run. We must keep up our great support and be the 12th man!
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:I'm glad that Cogenhoe proved me wrong today as I didn't see it coming. Still along way to go though so we shouldn't get carried away but today is a boost. Already been touched on that Holbeach have started a blip but our away form has not been great and next week will be tricky. Also two meetings against Huntingdon (who beat us three times last season) and Wisbech at home who are on a decent run. We must keep up our great support and be the 12th man!
...... and don't forget we play today's victors, Cogenhoe, last game of the season !!

No room for complacency at all in the remaining 14 games - all must be approached as if they're cup finals - sure that expectation will heap massive pressure on our players, but if they didn't want pressure they've come to the wrong club !!

Every club that plays us plays as though they're lives depended upon it, so it's going to be tough !! Exciting isn't it :)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
paulg

Post by paulg »

Trek wrote:
paulg wrote:and hope it's not as serious as first feared.
It would appear to have been a very bad one, a broken tib and fib, which indicates why they didn't want to move him until the ambulance arrived. I recall playing in a game where that happened to an opponents striker after just 5 minutes.
Best wishes to the lad for a speedy recovery.
Awful news, an accidental collision with his own keeper apparently. Sickening for any player, especially down at this level where players are dependent on their health for their proper day jobs as well as the enjoyment of the game. Hopefully he'll be back playing soon.
Trek

Post by Trek »

It appears that there were 4 ex-Diamonds in the Cooks starting XI:-

Josh Thomson (Goal), Danny Harmon, Mark Hewitt and Alfie Taylor.

Well done lads!
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

When did Josh T go to Cogenhoe? was it announced?
Trek

Post by Trek »

Josh Thomson has played 3 matches for the Cooks.
mackemcobbler

Post by mackemcobbler »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
Trek wrote:Great result but really hope Jonny Allen recovers. Never nice for a player to receive a bad injury like that.
At last a sensible comment on the injury. This is non league football yet some of you comment as if it's all out warfare.

No wonder everyone else thinks we are arrogant twats.
exactly I look on this site every now & then & find some on here seem to have a chip on their shoulder about certain teams this year its Holbeach, last year it was Spalding the year before Silby