after the last few days....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: after the last few days....

Post by STAGMAN »

Good post Jon
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

I would agree the board members are always available for a chat and I would add that Starms is aswell, whether or not you get the answers you are looking for is a different matter but I do understand some things have to be private, I haven't got anything bad to say about most current board members but I do think Three Nips and Barton Raz especially have got it spot on.

Our 3 most talented players would normally be Fans favourites, I would be interested to see a poll to see how many votes they would get. I'm fed up of seeing them strop and moan constantly when they don't get a perfect ball played to them so imagine what the other squad members are feeling like, even though the same 3 are giving away or lacking end product just as much as the rest of the team.

I know we needed to improve our squad and still do, but the Squad harmony and team spirit that we all saw at Ashington away last season seems long gone and surely its up to the management to install that and integrate these new players within the current squad not divide it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
rushdenshireelite

Post by rushdenshireelite »

bozzer wrote:Ok I am going to have my say now.

OK so we have lost 2 consecutive games at home and haven't played as well as we could since Dover really, it's a worry for every fan.

Now on the departures (and bear in mind you can read the chairmans reply on the members forum) Whizz and Elliot chose to leave, the management wanted them to stay. Lance and Nat was a decision made by the management which they felt was best for the team and the board supported as we support the manager.

Did I know why Wormull, Duffy, Jack, Mills or Burgess left, no I didn't, the manager made the decision end of story, just because we are a fan owned club doesn't give us the right to know the inner workings of the dressing room, I don't want to be meddling in the dressing room either, it's what we employ the management for. If they fail they know the consequences just like every other manager.

The difference is when Burgess left he made some snide comments to the press, nowadays they can take to twitter.

Now as for the board bashing, I am big and ugly enough to take criticism, and we all know we are learning and will do things wrong, sorry guys but every fan owned club will do that, and if we want to move forward we have to learn from when we do things wrong. However I can say that everyone, board and volunteer wise give everything they can for the benefit of the club, I don't know anyone who is doing it for the glory. Next home game take a look at the home directors seats, you won't find anyone of us in there (apart from the Wellingborough chaps if they aren't playing) because we are all doing things so that we can all watch, I can tell you it's just as frustrating to miss 10 chances and lose 2-1 when you've missed half of it.

A Fans forum was already in the process of being organised when some things can be expanded upon, but we aren't MyFC and my preference is we shouldn't be run like that. Of course as we are a fan owned club if the majority of the members want us to be then thats an option, but I wouldn't vote for it.

Remember we wanted to to establish ourselves as a top 4 team this season, we have someway to go to achieve that at the moment but thats the aim. If results don't go our way over the next few games, it's crucial that we get the team set up for a challenge next season, hopefully most of the fans will stay with us.

Now please show your support in a positive way, it's hard enough with every other fan and player wanting us to fail.
I don't think anyone has been 'board bashing' if anything they have a lot of respect for what they do and have done to get us to where we are. I think what is trying to be said and what I started this for was to 'clear the air' on a few issues good or bad so as a club we can move on. Just a shame some things can get taken the wrong way and people go on the defensive!
White, red and blue army
AdamSRJFC

Post by AdamSRJFC »

Personally, I find the suggestion that the board don't have the clubs best interest at heart very insulting, the board (And volunteers) keep the club running.

I wonder who will stand for board next year at the AGM? If you want something to change, don't post it on an unofficial forum
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

AdamSRJFC wrote:Personally, I find the suggestion that the board don't have the clubs best interest at heart very insulting, the board (And volunteers) keep the club running.

I wonder who will stand for board next year at the AGM? If you want something to change, don't post it on an unofficial forum
I've just looked back through this thread and see no reference anywhere to anybody suggesting the board aren't acting in the clubs interests. Clearly they do as they are fans like you and I. I asked how releasing Nat/Lance was in our best interests if that's what you're getting it, and that wasn't a decision taken by the board.

As for what people should and shouldn't post on here - as you've said yourself it's an unofficial forum. If it's not libellous, malicious or slanderous then it's fair game.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
blackcountrydiamond

Post by blackcountrydiamond »

There has been criticism of the board, and refusalto accept the managers explanation and of course he is supported 100% by the board.

As ever it's a matter of opinion. Mine is weve had a consistent level of honesty and explanation from the manager since he took the role. His explanation on this matter was pretty clear to me and stayed quite rightly short of going into unnecessary and potentially damaging personal detail.

He has earned the right to be trusted and supported in my view. Some people might have a different opinion, but that's all it is ...opinion. Don't get it mixed up with fact and ask yourself seriously what the evidence of 2.5 year of Starms as manager tells you about his honesty and judgement.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I guess its the way messages on here can be read Raz, that's why I said these message boards can be the best and worst of things, great for a bit of fun debate, but if things get misinterpreted some serious damage can be done.

The Board appoint the manager and will support the management in their decisions. Those decisions are what the manager will stand or fall on ultimately.

By questioning the manager's decision on the players it could be assumed that people are questioning the Board. The Board, quite correctly in my opinion, support the manager and I'm sure we don't want our management team running off to Twitter bleating about stuff do we? I believe what happens in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room, I have a vote to appoint the Board, not to run the team or to expect detailed explanations on manager's decisions. We get hell of a lot more information than we ever got at the old club.

I think some of the comments that have been made about our Board members are totally out of order personally - if you have an issue speak to one of them in an appropriate way - you can usually find them around the ground doing jobs like preparing the pitch, putting the nets up, parking cars, stewarding, filming the match, collecting match balls, then packing all the stuff away after a match etc etc ........ jobs "the almighty" do. You could even have a word with them when the pressure is off them after a game, and even help to do a few of those jobs as you chatted to them if you liked?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I understand what you're saying Piggers, really I do. I just think this situation could have been handled better.

I'm drawing a line under this as far as my involvement on this thread is concerned as it could drag on forever frankly. I can hear you all cheering. ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

BartonRaz wrote:I understand what you're saying Piggers, really I do. I just think this situation could have been handled better.

I'm drawing a line under this as far as my involvement on this thread is concerned as it could drag on forever frankly. I can hear you all cheering. ;)
You understand Raz, I'm not sure some others do.

Jon has already said plans are afoot for a Members Forum and you and others will have the opportunity to ask all the questions you want, I'm sure Starms is really looking forward to answering questions on his 1-3-2-4 formation ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote:I'm drawing a line under this as far as my involvement on this thread is concerned as it could drag on forever frankly. ;)
That`s 2 of us then, as I`m not sure everything is always read and understood clearly prior to a reply/post being submitted when things start to get a little heated, and to say this thread is going round in circles with endless misunderstandings is a bloody understatement. So regarding "after the last few days"
it`s goodnight from me and it`s goodnight from him. Goodnight.