AFC Rushden and Diamonds announces first trials date

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: AFC Rushden and Diamonds announces first trials date

Post by davealbon »

rushdenrushden2 wrote:sorry im young who is Steve Whitney and dont think local coaches will be up to job
Steve Whitney has worked with several UCL level clubs and their youth teams over the past 25-30 years and has been assisting the Diamonds Supporters Group in getting things moving in recent weeks, including speaking at the open meeting on July 1st.

I'll be sure to let him know that you don't think the coaches he has arranged for us will be up to the job.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
rushdenrushden2

Post by rushdenrushden2 »

Off you go :D , who do they work for and what bagdes do they have, we need to get this right as we only have one chance at this ,thats all im saying
KilnPark_Resident

Post by KilnPark_Resident »

rushdenrushden2 wrote:sorry im young who is Steve Whitney and dont think local coaches will be up to job
How do you know they 'won't be up to the job'? Just because they're local doesn't mean they're rubbish.

At the end of the day they are volunteering their time to help us get up and running, you can't expect Football League coaches to volunteer to help a club which will be UCL Prem at best in 2012/13. People like you saying they aren't up to the job when you don't have a clue who are they are will have a negative effect on their desire to help us.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

rushdenrushden2 wrote:Off you go :D , who do they work for and what bagdes do they have, we need to get this right as we only have one chance at this ,thats all im saying
I suggest you come along to the trials and you can ask them yourself. If you're still not satisfied then we have the open meeting after the the second trial so you can volunteer to organise a team of more suitable coaches for future trials.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
rushdenrushden2

i can have my say ( might not be right ) we had near 1000 pounds in season ticket at rdfc but if i can not have a say on here on afc i will not be watching them

Too many people think they know better
END OFF
KilnPark_Resident

Post by KilnPark_Resident »

rushdenrushden2 wrote:i can have my say ( might not be right ) we had near 1000 pounds in season ticket at rdfc but if i can not have a say on here on afc i will not be watching them

Too many people think they know better
END OFF
Nobody said you can't have your say? In fact Dave just invited you to stand up at the meeting and volunteer to organise some better coaches if you're not happy.
Rankine's Nose

Post by Rankine's Nose »

How much interest have we had from players wanting to try out? Any idea roughly how many lads will show up?
AFC R&D - Member 382
rushdenrushden2

I will if i think not good enough and say sorry if wrong time will tell
Rankine's Nose

Post by Rankine's Nose »

rushdenrushden2 wrote:I will if i think not good enough and say sorry if wrong time will tell
You have to understand that nearly everyone involved with the running of AFCRD at the moment is volunteers and mostly inexperienced with what they're doing. This is going to be a learning curve for everyone. I think its pretty impressive how much has already been organised, and that we have trials and stand-in coaches set-up already.
AFC R&D - Member 382
rushdenrushden2

ok sorry