Goodbye Rushden and Thanks for all the memories

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: Goodbye Rushden and Thanks for all the memories

Post by Pigman »

IceCoolPsycho wrote:Glory Hunting is pursuing whatever team are doing great at the time. Supporting another team because your one no longer exists seems a very resonable reason to me. Im not going to keep flogging a dead horse for the want of a better expression. I will always have been a supporter of Rushden but they have now gone. It's time to move on.
But I say again, you've jumped ship and stated you'll be watching Posh while we still have a club, it may be in its last throes, but its still here !!! I guess your just a follower of football and not a real supporter, so you'll never truly understand what we're trying to say, thats your loss.

I guess you need to read this, it might help you understand, but probably not:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betrayal

Maybe there is someone else who needs to read the second link too !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
IceCoolPsycho

Post by IceCoolPsycho »

Just out of curiosity then if Rushden fall out of existance, K*ttering move in with JE as manager and after a very unlikey proposal they change the name to Rushden something or other , you would support the team. As people have stated eariler players come and go so you wouldnt be supporting it for the players, you would still have the ground and the name. I'm really confused.
diamond.jack99

Post by diamond.jack99 »

IceCoolPsycho wrote:Just out of curiosity then if Rushden fall out of existance, K*ttering move in with JE as manager and after a very unlikey proposal they change the name to Rushden something or other , you would support the team. As people have stated eariler players come and go so you wouldnt be supporting it for the players, you would still have the ground and the name. I'm really confused.
would you oh wait a minute youll be at f***ng peterborough
IceCoolPsycho

Post by IceCoolPsycho »

Well you know my answer :D
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

IceCoolPsycho wrote:Just out of curiosity then if Rushden fall out of existance, K*ttering move in with JE as manager and after a very unlikey proposal they change the name to Rushden something or other , you would support the team. As people have stated eariler players come and go so you wouldnt be supporting it for the players, you would still have the ground and the name. I'm really confused.

Existence?
No I don't want them there at any cost. If shittering move in I will NEVER go back in there.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

You just answered the question. When Rushden and Diamonds falls out of existence that's it. If it's not a phoenix club then it would be some form involving K*ttering that both K*ttering and our fans wouldn't want.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I think I've made my position very clear, if R&DFC in its current form ceases to exist on Friday, then my club is dead, I won't support another existing football club, nor will I support some bastardised version of it including the name K*ttering.......no matter who is managing them or playing for them. I support R&DFC or no-one ! Is that clear enough for you?

In terms of my Saturday afternoons, I'll probably find other things to occupy my life, take in the odd game of rugby union at Bedford Blues while partaking of a nice pint of IPA, I may even take up squash again, get my arse into a gym - I'll find something to do.

I'm becoming very disillusioned with football generally, from the top to the bottom it seems rotten to the core with greed and money being the main motives of most people in it.
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Would you support an AFC type phoenix thingy Pigman?

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I think I'd have to see who was behind it Rob, what their plans were and how much of the "old" Rushden & Diamonds heritage (name, badge, colours etc) would be captured, but I could get tempted back by that, I think I'd have to see.
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

PigmanRDFC wrote:I think I'd have to see who was behind it Rob, what their plans were and how much of the "old" Rushden & Diamonds heritage (name, badge, colours etc) would be captured, but I could get tempted back by that, I think I'd have to see.
I would assume that they would take all of our current history, colours etc. or else there wouldn't be any point in it. :)

AFC R&D - Member No. 46