R&D v Darlo

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond Warrior

Re: R&D v Darlo

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Smith was offered out on loan to Brackley, but the day before his first game he got injured, with a different injury to before. Not sure how long that keeps him out for, will try and find out. He is getting frustrated with his injuries lately which is believeable when he just wants to be playing.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

A good result tonight, the second half was OK, but we really stepped it up after Howe scored.

My favorite part of the game was when i got to my seat to find a family sat in our season ticket seats (of 10 years). I said "I don't think this is your seat", to which i got the reply, "No you just sit anywhere". - Clearly never been to any football games before, or if they had, they were all away ones!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Cooper's post-match comments make for interesting reading/listening:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 065939.stm
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

He believes they were "comfortable" after the goal? Was he watching the same game I thought we dominated after they scored and if it wasn't for their keeper and the post we could have been 3 or 4-1 up at half-time!

I have to say I was very impressed with the Diamonds tonight, thought they really took the game to Darlo and there heads didn't drop with their goal which cam out of nothing!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Just thought, who else thought their goal was offside?
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

rudolph_hucker wrote:Just thought, who else thought their goal was offside?
+1.

But I stand behind the goal, so wouldn't be 100% sure.
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

I particularly like his comment - 'I had a side at K*ttering on half the money that would beat teams like this any day of the week' (or along those lines)

Yes Mark, what a great record you have with previous clubs against us!
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

RiK2006 wrote:I particularly like his comment - 'I had a side at K*ttering on half the money that would beat teams like this any day of the week' (or along those lines)

Yes Mark, what a great record you have with previous clubs against us!
I think he is meaning that his K*ttering side would have been his Darlington side.
cliffhanger

Post by cliffhanger »

I thought it was a good performance Tuesday night from the boys. played the ball well on the floor. I thought we might have made more of their 2 centre backs! They were dreadful.
From where we was, right behind the assistant, I have to say the goal was a good one... no offside.
On the officials, what were your thoughts? Weve had some some pretty dire ones this season but I think this one was pretty good. Fair for both teams and quite strong. Thought he should have booked no*head Terry though! I noticed from the programme he was on the line at Sunderland v Man Utd on saturday, any refs know how it works? presumed they were either Refs or Linos?!?!?
Basil

Post by Basil »

cliffhanger wrote:I thought it was a good performance Tuesday night from the boys. played the ball well on the floor. I thought we might have made more of their 2 centre backs! They were dreadful.
From where we was, right behind the assistant, I have to say the goal was a good one... no offside.
On the officials, what were your thoughts? Weve had some some pretty dire ones this season but I think this one was pretty good. Fair for both teams and quite strong. Thought he should have booked no*head Terry though! I noticed from the programme he was on the line at Sunderland v Man Utd on saturday, any refs know how it works? presumed they were either Refs or Linos?!?!?
Thought the ref was OK but should of giving us a stonewaller of a pen - if he didn't think it was a pen he has to book Az for diving doesn't he?? :? :? :? :? :?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26