Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Trek »

As Pitchero reported earlier KTFC were accepted into this season's FA Youth Cup competition despite not have a fully fledged youth team playing this season. They played Leighton Town last evening at NP and before a crowd of 41 :o , they were beaten in a penalty shoot out. The 'massive' crowd included 10 complimentary tickets and the remainder of the paying crowd was made up of largely of parents.
To show what a nonsense this was the team that represented KTFC was made up of Tresham students who didn't even have the courtesy to play in KTFC strip preferring to play in the maroon strip of their college. What a joke!
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Fancied a little flutter on the boston match tomorrow...Every FA Cup match but K*ttering :( :(
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
stamboy

Post by stamboy »

bozzer wrote:Rumour on there that Mr beasant is looking at buying NP!
So that's what Dave's doing now is it? ;)
Trek

Post by Trek »

stamboy wrote:
So that's what Dave's doing now is it? ;)
Did you not see my earlier post? Nothing to do with the goalkeeper with the same surname. ;)
We're talking about Steve Beasant, Cousins's patsy who was finally responsible for RDFC's demise. :twisted:
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Sara Pascoe wrote:What would be the point of a sale to him? Seems like a crap rumour IMO.
It would be the cherry on the top of the most hilarious sequence of events ever. Makes perfect sense to me! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Trek

Post by Trek »

davealbon wrote: It would be the cherry on the top of the most hilarious sequence of events ever. Makes perfect sense to me! :lol:
We are talking about the same Steve Beasant are we? The bloke without a pot to p**s in, the same bloke who conned £100k plus from a diehard RDFC supporter! The bloke who in just a few months left a trail of debt running into hundreds of thousands of pounds. :evil: Sounds like just the bloke to preside over the death of KTFC. ;)
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I see the latest George Rolls initiative is an online club shop. Unfortunately whoever set it up forgot to hide the pre-tax prices, so they expose the fact they are charging more for a child's shirt than an adult one to to advantage of the VAT rules.
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Oh dear
Trek

Post by Trek »

I fail to see how someone coming in and purchasing Nene Park is going to ease KTFC's current financial woes or are they expecting someone to take over the running of the Football Club alongside buying Nene Park from Cousins? Either way it doesn't stack up financially.