[ Sat 3rd Jan ] v Deeping Rangers, Match OFF

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Sat 3rd Jan ] v Deeping Rangers, Match OFF

Post by Trek »

supersub wrote:That's a shame you can't say about it here., Trek, I think,it affects everybody that attend the games.
Not my place to summarise on this unofficial forum what a board member has outlined on the members forum. If the board want that information publicised then that's their decision and not mine. Whilst I entirely agree with you that the issues affect all fans it will be the members (part owners) who will given the opportunity of deciding what permanent action to take when given the options available. It is mainly financial considerations after all.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It might affect everyone who attends games but if they have chosen not to be members then they have chosen not to take part in these decisions as our constitution is well documented.
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Three of Diamonds wrote:It might affect everyone who attends games but if they have chosen not to be members then they have chosen not to take part in these decisions as our constitution is well documented.
Entirely agree, Robin. A few more £20 membership fees then it gives us a bit more money to invest in the club and it's facilities.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Trek wrote:
Three of Diamonds wrote:It might affect everyone who attends games but if they have chosen not to be members then they have chosen not to take part in these decisions as our constitution is well documented.
Entirely agree, Robin. A few more £20 membership fees then it gives us a bit more money to invest in the club and it's facilities.
Couldn't agree more. No one is less of a fan for not having membership, but these decisions are what a community benefit society is all about in terms of being member-owned.
Member Number: 21
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

Trek wrote:
Pigman wrote:
I guess some serious money needs to be put towards the flood lights now, we're obviously liable for half the cost, but have Welly got the other half or are we going to have to fund the full cost of repairs and await repayment?

It's vital we get this sorted once and for all now, to have disrupted kick off times and lack of confidence in the lights giving us a full 90 minutes of football will ultimately affect our attendances - but confidence in putting in a large sum of money is something I'm sure the Board will be considering carefully, weighing up all the risks involved.

Bottom line is that it is a joint problem and needs sorting out ASAP.
I would suggest that you, and any other member, look at the discussion on the Members Forum where Jon has highlighted the issues that the Board have been considering for the some time.
Good point, not looked in there for ages - will have a gander now if I can remember my password :oops:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Good summary of the main issues on there - well worth my £20 ;) :)
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

What a crock of shit. its for statements like that, that have stopped me being a member. It's just elitist.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

It's not elitist at all, it's the way the business has been established and if you read the Constitution you will find that the rules actually prevent the very thing you claim it to be.

Our Constitution protects us. No-one is forced into being a member, if you want to pay your money on the gate and just watch football you can, but if you are a member it gives you the right to vote on important issues or to stand for the Board. Fans agreed the business model at the outset at a series of public meetings and once we were established as a Community Benefit Society, were invited to join as members - hundreds did!!

I know you have an axe to grind RH, but without the support of Supporters Direct and this kind of business model, fan owned clubs would struggle to get off the ground. I know you don't like it, but it is democracy in action.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Without the members Rudolph there is no club. It's how it has been set up. Elitist suggests a select few whereas the majority of our supporters are members therefore it is the exact opposite. It cannot (and will not) be changed from the outside. I like and respect the fact you want to hold a different viewpoint (it's healthy) but it is what it is, I'm proud of what we've achieved so far, but there's a long way to go.
AFC R & D member number 34
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Pigman wrote: I know you have an axe to grind RH,
Just for the record you know xxxx all about me. Same as your mate Brownie. Assumption in life will get you nowhere.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.