[ Sat 23rd Aug ] v Ptrboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Aug ] v Ptrboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP AW

Post by Bob's Bitch »

3-1 now. :) Take that referee (but thanks for the penalty)!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Bedford won 4-0 today and Holbeach won 3-0 and are 100%.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Is Aaron King injured, I see he wasn't even on the bench?
AFC R&D Membership No 283
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

4-1 in the end, Turner coming off the bench to bag. Brilliant result being as we went down to 10 men. Koriya capitalised on a goal keeping error for the first, Gearing with a pen after Confue was felled. Confue drove home for third after a Dunkley flick on and then Turner did well to turn the defender and find the far corner for the forth. For the red card Ashton won the ball but his studs seems to be up in a one footed challenge, which player get sent off for these days although the PNS player made the best of rolling around for it. MOM has to go to Confue who covered so much of the game scored a great goal and won the penalty. Be tough decision for who Peaskey picks in centre of midfield, but not sure why Bunts wasn't involved today but was in attendance.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Fair play to the lads, I feared the worst at HT and that's exactly the sort of game we'd have screwed up last season. The end result should give us great confidence for next weeked.

Turned away for a second and missed the incident with Ashton, but otherwise the referee was appalling and his linesmen were no better. Our penalty was a classic case of evening things up IMO, a soft award but we were comfortably the better side and deserved the win. Confue MOM.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I just hope we don't ever descend to the level of gamesmanship we saw from Star in the first half, as they realised the referee was able to be manipulated. We certainly let our football do the talking in the second half.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Mat.H wrote:Is Aaron King injured, I see he wasn't even on the bench?
No he's left, apparently tossed his shirt to one side when he was substituted and did his usual thing on twitter. Thought he wouldn't last until October! The younger King has also left Bedford, only Neil remains.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:...not sure why Bunts wasn't involved today but was in attendance.
Bunts told me he has a spot of tendinitis.
paulg

Post by paulg »

This was a fantastic victory for us. 1-1 with 10 men against a decent team who could be a top 6 side, we really turned the screw after half-time and Confue was superb. They all worked hard and Henderson didn't let a poor personal performance stop him from getting in a couple of good blocks late on. There's a new dimension to our side this year - as someone previously posted, we wouldn't have turned such a tricky situation around in such style last year.

One thing that did surprise me was the reaction of the PNS number 7 after the Ashton challenge. Jack certainly seemed to go in with studs up (needlessly) to give the ref something to think about but the intense rolling around and playing dead from the No7 (who was up & fine to play the remaining 55 mins) - we very rarely see that down in the UCL, that kind of spineless gamesmanship is best left to the Premier League.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I thought Confue started quite slowly, with Brad dominant in midfield early on, but his performance in the second period justified his MoM award - although on another day it could have gone to Parky, who won just about everything in the air, and looked composed on the ball too.