R&D v Darlo

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: R&D v Darlo

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Really great win, showing fight and passion to come back from 1-0 down. We were the better side in the first half but couldn't find a killer ball and were unlucky to hit the post. Double substitution really helped in the second half, Osano was great on the wing and gave us impetus to go forward, nearly scoring with a shot as well. We should've had a 3rd as well, when O'Connor passed for Charles, who fluffed his lines slightly (although he was under a bit of pressure). Just like to add that O'Connor's appeal for a penalty was a bit silly considering the keeper was already down, I felt he could've carried on and just slotted the ball into an empty net. Hey ho.

Joe Day scares me a little but he grew in confidence in the second half, taking a few corners with authority. Kicking still needs work though, along with judging the bounce of goal kicks! The table looks lovely now, slightly disappointing that we couldn't hold on on Saturday or else we'd be 1 point from the play-offs! All in all a good night except for Crawley's result and the idea of not giving attention to Terry, which lasted all of 2 seconds into the 90 minutes of play, great effort and well done to all involved ;).

Onwards to Mansfield, who got stuffed tonight. Mid-table, what mid-table?! :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

As 4 3 3 we never looked like scoring two subs change to 4 4 2 changed the game, well done JE and the team. I thought Jamie Stuart was a rock at the back and Howe works all game even trying to win the ball back when he had lost it.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

I thought Rene Howe was immense tonight.
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Howe-O'Connor-Charles looks like a ****ing immense front 3 I have to say. Especially Aaron, who looked shit hot tonight and should've had more.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Howe-O'Connor-Charles looks like a ****ing immense front 3 I have to say. Especially Aaron, who looked shit hot tonight and should've had more.
Sam Smith on his way out very soon then?
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Rushdenjim wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:Howe-O'Connor-Charles looks like a ****ing immense front 3 I have to say. Especially Aaron, who looked shit hot tonight and should've had more.

I heard Smith has been offered out on loan, again.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

First Away defeat for Darlo this season, great results and on reflection, a draw and win from the last 2 games was maybe expected or at least hoped for, just not the way around it happened to fall. Shame Joe Day couldnt of bothered to jump otherwise we could of been right below the play-offs
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Rushdenjim wrote:
When Charles came on he worked harder than Sills and as a result looked much better, should've scored. Sills hasn't really impressed me I have to say. If Sam's fit then I think we should send Sills back and save some dosh and keep Sam as our back-up striker.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
Rushdenjim wrote:
When Charles came on he worked harder than Sills and as a result looked much better, should've scored. Sills hasn't really impressed me I have to say. If Sam's fit then I think we should send Sills back and save some dosh and keep Sam as our back-up striker.
Sills disappointed me slightly tonight, but in fairness to him I think we were just hitting hopeful balls up to him and hoping he would win them all. Not easy against the two big lumps Darlo had at the back.

His performance at Eastbourne last week was outstanding and he played the target man role perfectly. I still think he will be a great player for us, and there's no way that Sam Smith will compete as well as Sills in the physical battles.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Mat.H wrote:As 4 3 3 we never looked like scoring two subs change to 4 4 2 changed the game, well done JE and the team. I thought Jamie Stuart was a rock at the back and Howe works all game even trying to win the ball back when he had lost it.
Spot on MatH - when we switched to 4-4-2 with Howe and OConner up front two, with Day and Charles as wingers we were a different team and their defence couldn't cope.
Have to say at half time I said JE would stick with the formation despite the lack of penetration but fair play to him he saw it wasn't working and changed it early enough to make a difference.
Hope we srap the wingless wonders approach and go back a system that allows our players to play to their strengths - from Saturday onwards.

Oh by the way should we have had a penalty..? and the goalie sent off..?