Transfer Window

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
jimbobjaw

Re: Transfer Window

Post by jimbobjaw »

With respect to Beeky i would not want to be relying on him to be first choice in a position that does not come natural to him, although when asked he has played well. I think if we do lose Osano, then JEMS need to make the decision on whether the two Aynsleys are ready for first team football. Imho, i dont think they quite are yet, but neither can be too far off. I think we do need another defender as we are a little short in this area, although i would assume that Porter features as backup Rb in the squad.

IF we could get on defender and a winger, i think we could still be in with an outside chance of getting into the play offs.

Also, when Tommo goes, how would people feel about the three wingers in the squad being Patto, Byrne and Super Az? Personally i think this would be a mistake, as Az is flying upfront atm and Byrne is our best CM, but all of these have been played on the wing so far this season.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

When Tommo leaves, i think JE will bring a winger in on loan. I also think e may already have someone in mind! :?
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

jimbobjaw wrote:With respect to Beeky i would not want to be relying on him to be first choice in a position that does not come natural to him, although when asked he has played well. I think if we do lose Osano, then JEMS need to make the decision on whether the two Aynsleys are ready for first team football. Imho, i dont think they quite are yet, but neither can be too far off. I think we do need another defender as we are a little short in this area, although i would assume that Porter features as backup Rb in the squad.

IF we could get on defender and a winger, i think we could still be in with an outside chance of getting into the play offs.

Also, when Tommo goes, how would people feel about the three wingers in the squad being Patto, Byrne and Super Az? Personally i think this would be a mistake, as Az is flying upfront atm and Byrne is our best CM, but all of these have been played on the wing so far this season.
I agree with all of that. Beeky is a central midfielder and at the moment isn't good enough to challenge any of the other CMs in the squad, let alone hold down an unfamiliar position. Aynsley McDonald is still not up to first team football and will hopefully finish the season on loan at W&F, then begin making appearances from the bench next season. I haven't seen much of Jack Ainsley, but he did OK in his one first team appearance to date (v York).

I would like to see us scouting the leagues below for young, talented prospects to replace any of the players who go. There are plenty of good players available for next to nothing (if anything at all - Simon Downer last season for example) who are worth taking a gamble on, and could potentially fetch us a decent transfer fee in the future.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Also agree with you Dave. Some of the teams in this league may be worth taking a look at, for example Corcs from Oxford the other year. I think with the finanical instability around atm, there will be a few clubs who would be glad for us to take a player or two off their hands, and if we can get someone to do a job, then thats where we should look. As Dave mentioned, there are players out there that are pretty good in the lower leagues, such as Downer, and even the Cobblers player who was from Long Buckby who has laready been mentioned but whose name escapes me! Does anyone know about Woods-Garness, who we seem to have been linked with for a while. I must admit i do not know much about the lower legaues, but there will definately be a number of players out there who can come in and be prett good for us.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Courtney Herbert is the Cobblers player from Long Buckby. And I definitely would want to see us looking down the leagues for targets, maybe Mettam from Corby, although I'm sure there will be plenty of talent in the levels below all over the place, so I hope we've got the scout(s) out there looking now.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

that herbert is fast but i doubt very much he'll make a name for himself.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Steve wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Byrne, Akurang, Reid, Louis, Ainsley, is there anymore?

I believe that means we still have 3 to play with?
Yeah but only 1 long term one i think. 6 months counts a as long term and thats what Reid, Byrne and Cliff were. I'm not sure if extending it til the end of the season counts as another long term or as the same one.

However a 3 month loan starting 31 JAnuary would last til April 30th so thats pretty much til the end of the season...unless the unthinkable happens ;)
No i agree with you there, but he is a decent player, and the kind of player we should be looking for. Im not suggesting hell be the next Simeon Jackson :wink: :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

davealbon wrote:
Steve wrote:I just saw on SSN that Crewe would be willing to let Patrick Ada, formerly of Histon, to go out on loan in January. Can't say i remember seeing him play but i know he had a reputation as one of the better defenders in non league - worth a shot???
Patrick Ada is an absolute c**t,
He is one player I hope to god we never see in a Rushden shirt.
Ok, im sorry :shock:

;)
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Steve wrote:
davealbon wrote:
Steve wrote:I just saw on SSN that Crewe would be willing to let Patrick Ada, formerly of Histon, to go out on loan in January. Can't say i remember seeing him play but i know he had a reputation as one of the better defenders in non league - worth a shot???
Patrick Ada is an absolute c**t,
He is one player I hope to god we never see in a Rushden shirt.
Ok, im sorry :shock:

;)
It's alright, I forgive you. ;) :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

A possible lower league target who was mentioned to me a while back:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Sheringham