[ Sat 11th Feb ] v Belper Town, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Re: [ Sat 11th Feb ] v Belper Town, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

Post by Curly »

Basil wrote:Sometimes I really do think are you lot (as in the above posters) supporting the same team as me??? Today I saw a clearly injured player giving his heart and sole for his team! I barely noticed that Sam Brown was missing and ably replaced by Ben Ford (who was superd), Ben Farrell in midfield covered so much ground and Kyal and Brad made sure that they covered every blade of grass that their clearly injured fellow defender could not!! It's just a a shame that we couldn't get that last touch on the ball to turn into the Belper net that would of sealed a good performance on a really difficult pitch that would of tested the best players!!
I wholeheartedly agree, kyal, brad and ben ford were outstanding especially considering the issue with bully, ben Farrell and bunts were good in the midfield and controlled the game even a man down and it was only a mixture of bad luck and bad finishing that meant we didn't win.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
paulg

Post by paulg »

Yes it was a tremendous effort all round - Ford and Farrel in particular were superb and McNulty, Brad, Dolman, Lorraine and Bunts gave it everything in difficult circumstances. Looking good for another play-off appearance which will once again exceed pre-season expectations.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Fantastic effort from the lads, despite being down to 10 men for the majority of the match, and also with Liam struggling.

On another day we probably would have got the three points. But luck just wasn't on our side, as we created the better chances than Belper, but couldn't put them away.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73