AFC R&D and WTFC statement re: The Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: AFC R&D and WTFC statement re: The Dog & Duck

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Such a shame considering all the hard work from both clubs to improve the D&D.

But I guess money talks, Mr Ozdogan has had his head turned by possible retail development.

Sad news for Wellingborough, will always be greatful for them offering us a groundshare deal.

Hopefully this won't be the end for them.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Again, it's all very well talking about Hayden Road, Raunds etc but these clubs have to be willing to enter into a groundshare agreement, possibly fold their reserve teams and limit the number of games they allow their youth/ladies teams to play on the pitch.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by Dowlo »

tech_head wrote:
Can't disagree with this enough, look how little progress KTFC has made compared to us over the last 4 years. We have a really active membership all pulling in the right direction. (great members AGM last night btw) Apart from 2-3 really active members at KTFC the rest of that lot sit there and moan and do nothing. They will never really progress as they want everything on a plate. I do feel sorry for their Chairman...
I'm not slating our board and how far we have come as a club none of that can be denied! However we and K*ttering both find ourselves HOMELESS! We need a ground, they need a ground. The council wont help fund 2 for each clubs. What East Northants needs is a proper footballing hub for sides to use.

I'm not saying Nene Park in it's current state is the answer but something like it in a similar location must surely be considered. You could have a smaller "stadium" like ground for us and K*ttering to use, perhaps with a 3000 odd capacity. And around it you could have UCL/Combination style pitches/grounds for other local sides to play on, either at the same time on a Saturday and then using them again on the Sunday. It may sound like a ridiculous solution but if you are honest and think about it logically it just makes sense. It would be almost like the Non- League version of St Georges park in East Northants.

Yes of course I would like us to play in Rushden and K*ttering to stay away and play in K*ttering, but realistically that isn't likely to happen within the next decade or longer! So why don't both us and K*ttering and any other smaller local teams with out a decent set up club together and put a proposal like this forward to the council? It would be a huge community football hub, ideal for a "community club"!

(BTW I'm aware this would take a while to get the ball rolling on a project like this before anyone says)
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I think I'm correct in saying that K*ttering recently signed a long lease at Latimer Park, so they don't necessarily need somewhere.

Re: the hub idea. Let's say hypothetically us and K*ttering are both playing at this hub in Finedon. At that point, with both clubs outside of their natural locations would it not just be easier to merge the two clubs? I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it seems to me like this idea would mean that any club playing at this hub would lose its individuality.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

blackcountrydiamond wrote:
Formic wrote:
tech_head wrote:
I guess thats what the official statement is for, to inform all fans of the facts.
It doesn't really give all of the facts though. I would really like to know when our club became aware this clause existed, with such short notice, how possible it was that it could be invoked, and whether the possible use of such a clause was discussed with the landlord when the investments were made by either AFCRD or WTFC in ground improvements / clubhouse repairs. I can't recall anything this short-term being mentioned at any meeting I've been to, or anything I've read.

I wonder if we have any fans who might be able to help look at the agreements and see if there is anything we might use in our favour.

I was quite relaxed when things didn't seem to materialise regarding a new ground, thinking we could bide our time at the D&D, but had I known this was a possibility I'm sure I would have taken a different view.
Surely you have developed enough faith in the the good people who run our club (directors) to know that they would be working hard on this, would be on top of the details and issuing a notice like this would be something they really wouldn't want to have to do.

Have some faith and talk to them if you get chance.
There's no doubt the board have been doing a great job, but suddenly they have a whole host of new challenges relating to any possible deal with this landlord - or working on a new deal elsewhere. There may be expertise in the fanbase they could use. This might help determine whether the landlord is using this as a tactic to get an increased rent, or really has something in place to start in mid 2017, especially if the clause is something that was previously hidden from our view.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Formic wrote:
blackcountrydiamond wrote:
Formic wrote:
It doesn't really give all of the facts though. I would really like to know when our club became aware this clause existed, with such short notice, how possible it was that it could be invoked, and whether the possible use of such a clause was discussed with the landlord when the investments were made by either AFCRD or WTFC in ground improvements / clubhouse repairs. I can't recall anything this short-term being mentioned at any meeting I've been to, or anything I've read.

I wonder if we have any fans who might be able to help look at the agreements and see if there is anything we might use in our favour.

I was quite relaxed when things didn't seem to materialise regarding a new ground, thinking we could bide our time at the D&D, but had I known this was a possibility I'm sure I would have taken a different view.
Surely you have developed enough faith in the the good people who run our club (directors) to know that they would be working hard on this, would be on top of the details and issuing a notice like this would be something they really wouldn't want to have to do.

Have some faith and talk to them if you get chance.
There's no doubt the board have been doing a great job, but suddenly they have a whole host of new challenges relating to any possible deal with this landlord - or working on a new deal elsewhere. There may be expertise in the fanbase they could use. This might help determine whether the landlord is using this as a tactic to get an increased rent, or really has something in place to start in mid 2017,
probably best to take this over to the members forum for your answers
AFC R&D Member No. 67
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Both the MP's for Wellingborough and East Northants very publicly became members of AFCR&D in the run up to the last election, have they been contacted for their views and advice?
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by Dowlo »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Both the MP's for Wellingborough and East Northants very publicly became members of AFCR&D in the run up to the last election, have they been contacted for their views and advice?
Not sure but didn't Mr Garvie get exposed for being a train fare dodging idiot, and a nonce! :rolleyes:
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Cotty wrote:although I agree that sensitive information should be reserved for the Members' forum, surely those of us who have chosen not to be members have a right to know what is going on with the club.
If this club was owned by a group or individual like most then the best you would ever hope for was an official statement. As we are collective community club, the opportunity to know more about the goings on about the club are available for members of the club.

If you don't wish to be a member then you should expect nothing more than official statements and the like.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

UttoDiamond wrote:Absolutely agree with this - time now for AFCRD and KTFC to put any "rivalry" aside and look for a ground-share in East Northants.
Isn't the whole idea of getting a new home so that we can finally return to the Rushden/Higham area not just broadly the East Northants catchment.