[ Tue 13th Jan ] v Harborough Town, KO 7.45pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: [ Tue 13th Jan ] v Harborough Town, KO 7.45pm UCLP HOME

Post by Pigman »

Funny old game though ain't it? A few weeks back we were all looking at Huntingdon and their games in hand, they lost again tonight 2-1 to Harrowby :shock:

Points on the board every time - just must keep winning now to keep the pressure on Holbeach !!

Correction - it was 2-2 apparently, reported incorrectly on the UCL page.
Last edited by Pigman on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Scott Joseph goal was AFC Rushdens 250th UCL league goal. Taken 96 games.

2012-13 96 goals
2013-14 88 goals
2014-15 66 goals to date.

127 at home 123 away.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

therushden wrote:their keeper really kept them in it. smothered everything and he was really busy.
He was a bit dodgy in some of his handling with it obviously being a slippery ball, but he was a very decent shot stopper I thought.

But decent result and performance tonight, could have easily been 3 or 4 up at half time and we were unlucky that only one corner resulted in a goal and Harborough couldn't defend anything that got pas the first man andI thought the second half was better and we got to see what a good signing Rogers is, took his goal well and was unlucky to not get another goal and I was impressed with his ball control as well, hopefully he'll keep up that sort of form from now til the end of the season :D
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
burger monster

Post by burger monster »

Well done on the win guys, i,m still over the moon for predicting the correct score and the exact attendance. :D :D :D. I would personally like to thank Darren, Mark (Hedges) and all the ground staff who work so hard in getting the pitch ready for every match.

The pitch use to get a lot of stick from a lot of people when it wasn,t looking great, but all the hard work and hours put in in getting the pitch up to a better standard, we got a game on tonight where maybe a year or so ago we would never have got the game on.

So well done to everyone involved. Fantastic effort.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Much better performance. Higher tempo & more effort particularly closing down the opposition when they had possession. Struggled to get on the scoresheet but once we did the team calmed a bit. Their goalie was mom hope he was alright.
AFC R & D member number 34
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Overall that was much better than Saturday (couldn't have been much worse though). King and Confue worked better in midfield. The delivery from both flanks was much better and we made better decisions in the final third.

Apart from a fifteen minute spell in the first half, when every ball from the back was trying to be a Hollywood ball and easily dealt with by their full backs, we were much cleverer with the ball and managed it much better. It was pleasing to see the back four not being afraid to switch it across to try and stretch the midfield five and get Confue in the gap or the ball to the wingers.

I'm not getting their goalie had a good game thing. Apart from the one where he had to go off nothing stuck and had we been a bit quicker thinking could had had two from spills. He was also rooted to the spot for the first goal.

The ref made one awful decision in disallowing the goal from the free kick.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Thought their goalkeeper had a good game, hopefully he'll be okay.

We played some nice stuff at times, although really should have been 4 or 5.

The referee we had last night, was a perfect example of someone who has never played the game, he really was out of his depth at times.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

burger monster wrote: I would personally like to thank Darren, Mark (Hedges) and all the ground staff who work so hard in getting the pitch ready for every match.

The pitch use to get a lot of stick from a lot of people when it wasn,t looking great, but all the hard work and hours put in in getting the pitch up to a better standard, we got a game on tonight where maybe a year or so ago we would never have got the game on.

I'll endorse that. Top work by Darren and Mark. I though the pitch played very well and a reasonably firm surface, despite the rain, certainly makes a difference to our performances.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:
burger monster wrote: I would personally like to thank Darren, Mark (Hedges) and all the ground staff who work so hard in getting the pitch ready for every match.

I'll endorse that. Top work by Darren and Mark. I though the pitch played very well and a reasonably firm surface, despite the rain, certainly makes a difference to our performances.
I agree. I was a bit concerned when it started raining quite hard around 7pm, but the guys had done a really good job and so the pitch was able to take the extra water. With so many other games being called off it shows what improvements they've made at the D&D.
Basil

Post by Basil »

Their keeper was absolutely fine after the game. He came off because he had a blurred vision but he soon recovered.

As for the ref, he's an arrogant a**e!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26