[ Sat 3rd Jan ] v Deeping Rangers, Match OFF

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 3rd Jan ] v Deeping Rangers, KO 2pm UCLP HOME

Post by Formic »

Woodford Dad wrote:The club statement covers your team, but what about Wellingborough who have a home game on Tuesday night? Whats the position on their games?
Who's going to resolve the problem- you or your landlords? Interesting situation in that the tenants have more financial resource than the landlord.
Its obviously up to Wellingborough to make their own announcement, but the UCL Official Website shows Doughboys v Kempston on Tuesday as postponed - http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayTeam. ... ID=3135722
paulg

Post by paulg »

Woodford Dad wrote:Who's going to resolve the problem- you or your landlords? Interesting situation in that the tenants have more financial resource than the landlord.
Both AFC & Wellingborough are tenants, I believe.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

paulg wrote: Both AFC & Wellingborough are tenants, I believe.
Correct. Landlord resides in Desborough. Incidentally Long Buckby had major problems with their floodlights the season they won the league and had to play a few 'home' fixtures at Fernie Fields towards the end of March.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Trek wrote:
paulg wrote: Both AFC & Wellingborough are tenants, I believe.
Correct. Landlord resides in Desborough. Incidentally Long Buckby had major problems with their floodlights the season they won the league and had to play a few 'home' fixtures at Fernie Fields towards the end of March.
Definitely a case of wanting the flag in the club house there.
Trek

Post by Trek »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Definitely a case of wanting the flag in the club house there.
Interesting to see it was the place the money transferred to the following season.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: [ Sat 3rd Jan ] v Deeping Rangers, Match OFF

Post by Pigman »

Disappointed the match is off, but a blessing in disguise really, after a tough game on a heavy pitch less than 48 hours rest would have made it difficult - Deeping are a bit daft for not pulling out all the stops to get this match played, they would have had a good chance against what would have been a tired and depleted Diamonds, who is to say it'll get replayed on a Saturday, surely a Tuesday evening will make it even harder for them to get their squad together?

I guess some serious money needs to be put towards the flood lights now, we're obviously liable for half the cost, but have Welly got the other half or are we going to have to fund the full cost of repairs and await repayment?

It's vital we get this sorted once and for all now, to have disrupted kick off times and lack of confidence in the lights giving us a full 90 minutes of football will ultimately affect our attendances - but confidence in putting in a large sum of money is something I'm sure the Board will be considering carefully, weighing up all the risks involved.

Bottom line is that it is a joint problem and needs sorting out ASAP.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

Someone buy the club a job lot of scratchcards and see if that gets us the cash?
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

James Beil wrote:Someone buy the club a job lot of scratchcards and see if that gets us the cash?
Nice of you to offer :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Trek

Post by Trek »

Pigman wrote:
I guess some serious money needs to be put towards the flood lights now, we're obviously liable for half the cost, but have Welly got the other half or are we going to have to fund the full cost of repairs and await repayment?

It's vital we get this sorted once and for all now, to have disrupted kick off times and lack of confidence in the lights giving us a full 90 minutes of football will ultimately affect our attendances - but confidence in putting in a large sum of money is something I'm sure the Board will be considering carefully, weighing up all the risks involved.

Bottom line is that it is a joint problem and needs sorting out ASAP.
I would suggest that you, and any other member, look at the discussion on the Members Forum where Jon has highlighted the issues that the Board have been considering for the some time.
supersub

Post by supersub »

That's a shame you can't say about it here., Trek, I think,it affects everybody that attend the games.