after the last few days....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: after the last few days....

Post by corby diamond »

Thought I was going to get a barrage of posts aimed at me :D

It wasn't the posts I was hoping to read, and it seems like there is only a minority who "want to be nosy". That's completely the wrong term, being interested in our club is slightly more to the point.

I aint interested in Rudolphs issues, past posts, opinion's on the coach etc, although go to mention it... ;) no I wont go there :lol:

I fully understand that there are things that cant be released, information etc that wants to be kept within the club and staff. I don't want to know what style of underwear the lads wear at matches, however at the moment the true facts have not yet been released regarding Lance and Nat, well not to the point where it can be forgotten and we all move on. The only brief statement we have received is they have been released due to something posted in twtter.

Forgive me if I sound like a broken record, but people are just curious and I think they have every right to be. For all I know we are a one fan one vote club, we are all part of the clubs history, shareholders and all that, so we would just like to know if there is any sort of atmosphere within the camp.

Biggles - If you don't care about the players or manager then that's fine, but there is no harm in people showing an interest in order to move up the pyramid closer to the non reachable football league... So as long as you have a club to support you are happy to stay in this trap of a league? This is going to be a challenge to escape unless they change the rulings to two up in a few years, but sometimes showing an interest in player movements ain't a crime...
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Read the statement again, it doesn't mention twitter.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

I have just read it again and I must be losing the plot...I could of sworn when I read first time social networks was mentioned :? ...Ok then, so if it don't mention twitter, are we wrong to assume that's what it boiled down too? If not WTF :lol: :lol:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

As a fan I get a vote! I use that vote to select a board to run my football club. If I didn't like the people running the club, or trust them, I either wouldn't vote for them, or I'd stand myself. I'd also let them know of my issues in a correct and proper manner.

The elected board, much like a government, are there to make decisions on my behalf. Do I expect them to run to me every time a decision needs to be taken? No! That's the job they've taken on and should be supported to the hilt by the fans who put them there. You've only got 12 months then if you don't like it you can stand yourself and try to do a better job. Having been on the board I know what a massive commitment it is.

The board you have elected appoint the manager and expect him to manage the team. He will be answerable to the board ultimately, who in turn are answerable to the members. But should the board dabble in team selections etc? No! They should trust their management team in the same way as the members and fans should trust the board.

Any fan can approach any board member at any game !! Anyone who says differently is wrong! They may not for a variety of reasons be able to answer immediately, or give you the answer you want, but they are all approachable.

We're 8th in the table with games in hand, we've had a decent run in the cup and are still in the vase - my god to read this thread you'd think we were in the relegation area and all was a disaster. Tear the club apart why don't you? Why? Because 2 players have been asked to leave?? I trust Starms and whilst I don't know what's behind it, I'll stand by him, that's his job!

We now need to all be pulling in the same direction - we're playing okay, just not getting the little bit if luck you often need. It'll come. Get behind the manager and get behind the board - anything else is counter productive !

The next AGM will be very interesting to see who throws their hat in the ring wont it ??
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I meant to add, maybe the lack of vocal support had something to do with what is happening on the field?? Maybe we as fans need to up our game rather than look for scapegoats elsewhere ??
rushdenshireelite

Post by rushdenshireelite »

Think a few people have drifted off topic here! It's not about the board! I know a few fans are just curious because of a mass outing of what are regarded as good players
White, red and blue army
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Drunken Debanker wrote:To be fair Formic Members forums were supposed to be every 3 months and we haven't had one since the AGM I believe in early Summer.
That's not 100% accurate DD, we had a few quite close together because there was lots to report, there hasn't been a great deal since the AGM - so what's the point if there was little to discuss. I'm sure the board will look at this along with the thousand other things they have to do. I don't recall seeing it written down anywhere what the frequency will be, unless someone can enlighten me?

Edit: it certainly isn't in the constitution as far as I can see !!
Last edited by Pigman on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

rushdenshireelite wrote:Think a few people have drifted off topic here! It's not about the board! I know a few fans are just curious because of a mass outing of what are regarded as good players
Read back - some have been quite critical. The board will support the manager - the manager makes team decisions, end of !! Why do we as fans need to know? If he delivers results we're happy, if he doesn't, we'll hound him out, that's what fans do !!

Starms knows he stands or falls on the results he delivers, he shouldn't, in my opinion, have to explain every decision he makes. I'm curious to know, but I have no god given right to just because I'm a fan !!

We have a real open manager who talks freely about things at the end of every match - long may it continue.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

rushdenshireelite wrote:Think a few people have drifted off topic here! It's not about the board! I know a few fans are just curious because of a mass outing of what are regarded as good players
I think you have said the right thing. Out goes Wizniewski, Dent, Allen and Liburd and in comes Ellwood. This is not about the Board, it is because we do not have a full explanation for the players leaving, but, there does not have to be one, and maybe we shouldn't expect one..
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Brownie wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:
Biggles wrote:Basically you or me have no god given right to told everything, as some of the details may well be private.
Who are they private to??? One fan one vote one club, but only allowed to know anything that we the almighty decide to tell you. It is no wonder people are looking elsewhere to find out things. It therefore leads to a lot of ( false) speculation regarding certain topics. We are all after the same ultimate target at the end of the day, yet the majority of the fans are kept in the dark.
Lost a £1 & found a penny have we, or just wrong side of the bed this morning. Of course the will be things in any organisation (however open) that have to remain under wraps untill the appropriate time, and to be honest I would not have believed I'd ever find anyone to argue against that. After all we all hope in time to have our own ground, if anything is progressing on this does anyone honestly expect or want it broadcast to all & sundry :roll:
Not sure why but I do care as to why over recent weeks RH you have taken to slaughtering almost everything that is being done by the Club officials. You made the point about the coach which was noted, and as a professional driver you I'm sure were possibly aware of incentives given to coach drivers by service stations, so why go on & on about it. You like many others were involved at NP helping out & giving up your valuable time, yet was it not due to the garbage IYO spoken & written by others you decided enough was enough & withdrew your help, so why the recent torrent of full on / back handed slating :?: fobbed of by board Members? I was present recently when you engaged in a conversation regarding the Club with a board member amongst others, and for reasons we both know I doubt you can remember if you got any answers let alone what they were. Let's just take a step back chill a bit & think about what we say & write as after all we all want the same thing don't we :?:
I mentioned the coach twice, not going on and on. You brought it up here.

You have spoken to me on two maybe three occasions so know nothing about my personal circumstances so don't EVER assume you do. Just for your information and to get the story straight. I have NEVER stopped offering my voluntary services. I have just so little time to spare that it is impossible for me to be at the club more than I need to be at home. As everyone else here apparently knows I go to work on a Sunday evening/ Monday morning and get home Friday night/Saturday morning. I do have other things to do to keep my house going. If I had the time I would offer some to you. I'm not offended that you haven't took the time to get your facts right which is what you have basically accused me of not doing. Hey ho.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.