Goodbye Rushden and Thanks for all the memories

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harry

Re: Goodbye Rushden and Thanks for all the memories

Post by Harry »

There's nothing wrong with what you choose to do - there are no rules stating you have to stick at the same club and at the end of the day football is about entertainment.

However, I think it would be more apt for you to say you 'followed' said clubs rather than 'supported' them. Just a matter of semantics though. ;)
Diamond down South.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

IceCoolPsycho wrote:I wonder how many of the Wimbledon fans started supporting MK Dons. They didn't all go and support AFC Wimbledon otherwise their attendance figures would be through the roof.
To be fair I think that shows how little you actually know about football clubs, not to mention geography. AFC started because Wimbledon fans would NOT watch MK, the 140 mile round trip playing a part. MK Dons get decent crowds because of people like you who like going to a nice stadium close to home where they can watch a decent game of football.

Very few of their fans are died in the wool Dons fans, as the packed platforms at Wolverton and Bletchley stations every Saturday will atest.

There's nothing wrong with what you have done and they way you follow certain clubs, please don't insult the good people on here by claiming to be a real supporter.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Mr Psyco is a typical modern supporter in SKY football world.

London charity shops are awash with Replica Chelsea/Arsenal shirts which have been replaced in the wardrobe by Manure or even Barcelona Shirts.

The modern man or even woman now shops around for the club to support based on success and facilities not on where you were born, work or live.

Football supporting is now National or even Global.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
IceCoolPsycho

Post by IceCoolPsycho »

Final say in this one I think. How can you support something that no longer exists. Looking at the feedback from the Trust meeting I think it's game,set and match. On another topic. How many of you would support K*ttering if they move to NP on the basis we don't form a phoenix club??
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

IceCoolPsycho wrote:Final say in this one I think. How can you support something that no longer exists. Looking at the feedback from the Trust meeting I think it's game,set and match. On another topic. How many of you would support K*ttering if they move to NP on the basis we don't form a phoenix club??
Never, i'd rather become a plastic premiership supporter..
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

IceCoolPsycho wrote:Final say in this one I think. How can you support something that no longer exists. Looking at the feedback from the Trust meeting I think it's game,set and match. On another topic. How many of you would support K*ttering if they move to NP on the basis we don't form a phoenix club??

I wouldn't SUPPORT those ****ing inbreds if my life depended on it. How can I spend years hating them and then start to "support" them?
I'll take up knitting rather than that.

Football is dying BECAUSE of "supporters" like you.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

But you jumped ship before we've been wound up didn't you?

Support K*ttering? Never !
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
IceCoolPsycho

Post by IceCoolPsycho »

I jumped ship because I could see no future in the club. I guess I was right
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

I've given up hope too. I really don't see us coming back from this.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

IceCoolPsycho wrote:I jumped ship because I could see no future in the club. I guess I was right
IMO you jumped the gun and lost a lot of respect from a lot of us as a result of that.......not that you're bothered obviously because your "Borough till they die" now aren't you? Well, until they get relegated or suffer some kind of hardship !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51