Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Pigman »

BARTONRED wrote: I would suggest it's some of your fans that have the blinkers on, so tragically desperate for us to go bust that you sit and wait to twist anything towards us being strapped for cash.
I dislike your club intensly (I think most of you know that), but even I don't want to see you go bust, I don't want to see anyone go bust - but after the way most of your fans on Poppynet celebrated our demise and effectively danced on our grave, I won't shed any tears if it happens.

Whats the point in having a rivalry if you want your rivals to go out of business? The rivalry is temporarily put on ice thats all.

As others have said - having an empty Nene Park with no money flowing into a certain person's pockets would be delightful ! Just remember this, we all warned you about him even before you moved in - just wait and see eh? If you don't get out of NP, your club will die !
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Rad

Post by Rad »

I can't think where the childish teasing regards losing a ground could have started

"WERE ALL STANDING ON A FUTURE BLOCK OF FLATS"

Fair play to K*ttering, they have started badly, but are making the changes necessary and are certainly providing the drama that local football fans want.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Rad wrote:I can't think where the childish teasing regards losing a ground could have started

"WERE ALL STANDING ON A FUTURE BLOCK OF FLATS"

Fair play to K*ttering, they have started badly, but are making the changes necessary and are certainly providing the drama that local football fans want.
We were indeed.

And you are a scum fan.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Rad

Post by Rad »

I don't know who you mean when you refer to the scum. I am a football fan. Last year being new to the area, I went to a few K*ttering games and a few diamond games and found that I preferred the poppies experience. I was quite excited by the new afc team, but if I am honest I have been put off by the bitter gloating on this forum.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

[b]Four weeks to prove yourself or you are out[/b]

When the players concerned can't be replaced for three months? It's an empty threat. Ladak must think the players are even more stupid than the fans, and on Tuesday's evidence he could be right
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Rad wrote: I was quite excited by the new afc team, but if I am honest I have been put off by the bitter gloating on this forum.
Are you being serious?? A k*ttering fan moaning about the bitter gloating...

I think you should seriously take a look back on ploppynet at the time we finished and look at the foul comments that were made then. I wouldnt want any club to go out of business, but spot on pigman because if they did I wouldnt care to be honest.

I have been to a fair few games in my past, and some of the games at RR I thought were dire, due to the hostile atmosphere, I am all for banter, and "were all standing on a future block of flats" is exactly that. Nothing more nothing less. There is a line to cross, and 9/10 times ploppy fans crossed it.

Throwing flares over the away end in a "friendly", throwing missles at the coach etc...

I have no sympathy for K*ettering whatsoever...
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
bedforddiamond

Post by bedforddiamond »

Rad wrote:I don't know who you mean when you refer to the scum. I am a football fan. Last year being new to the area, I went to a few K*ttering games and a few diamond games and found that I preferred the poppies experience. I was quite excited by the new afc team, but if I am honest I have been put off by the bitter gloating on this forum.
Contradiction or what???

You preferred the poppies experience, but was quite excited by the new afc team? Um the phrase "I used to be undecided but now i'm not so sure" was made for you!

Been put off by the bitter gloating on this forum If you wanted to be put off by bitter gloating you should have been on Poppynet when RDFC went to the wall!

Think you need to do two things mate, one make a decision and pick a team or two stay neutral, watch both and don't post contradictions on here ;)
Rad

Post by Rad »

Of course I was excited by the afc team. What a great story, what was the biggest club in the area suddenly gone and the small afc team set up by their fans fighting their way up the leagues and one day winning the FA cup final, I can see the film rights now (I may have got carried away by that last bit, but you never know)
As for the comments on poppynet, all forums have their fair share of idiots, this one included. But the real fans take the moral high ground and rise above it, there are people doing alot of hard work to make your new club work, please put your efforts toward encouraging and supporting them rather than raking up past rivalries.

I am not a poppies fan or a diamonds fan, I am a football fan and will go where I feel the best football is, and hope to visit you when your adult team is up and running.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 109 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Rad wrote:Of course I was excited by the afc team. What a great story, what was the biggest club in the area suddenly gone and the small afc team set up by their fans fighting their way up the leagues and one day winning the FA cup final, I can see the film rights now (I may have got carried away by that last bit, but you never know)
As for the comments on poppynet, all forums have their fair share of idiots, this one included. But the real fans take the moral high ground and rise above it, there are people doing alot of hard work to make your new club work, please put your efforts toward encouraging and supporting them rather than raking up past rivalries.

I am not a poppies fan or a diamonds fan, I am a football fan and will go where I feel the best football is, and hope to visit you when your adult team is up and running.
Its not quite that simple though, rivalry's don't just die when a club does, our supporters will never stop hating K*ttering.

I'm fully behind AFC, but that won't stop me or anyone else, taking great pleasure in K*ttering losing.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15123867.stm

"K*ttering Town put 11 on transfer list"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."