Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BARTONRED

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by BARTONRED »

I think you've missed the point, we can't sign any Players untill January it's a message to the team to get it together or your out. Plus any wages saved can be used for loans etc
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 146 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Are you happy with the punishment/s handed out to Mayweather and Pacquiao BARTONRED?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BARTONRED

Post by BARTONRED »

Yes I think it has been handled well, I would hope that both players realise they need to show they are sorry through their performances on the pitch. Only time will tell.

I am disappointed with Marna for the way he reacted, he is idolised by many young fans and would imagine he is devastated by his actions.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It looks like the Poppies fans are keeping their blinkers on - suggesting that the players on the list are there because of their poor performances - yet two of their better players - Bridges and Sangare - are on the list, and one of their worst isn't. It's clearly a sign that the cashflow is suffering due to the costs of being at Nene Park and the poor attendances / giveaway pricing. I suspect they will stagger on through the Autumn hoping for a FA Cup run - but as we saw when the Diamonds knocked them out last season, if they go out of the Cup early on that will be another major hit on their finances.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BARTONRED wrote:Yes I think it has been handled well, I would hope that both players realise they need to show they are sorry through their performances on the pitch. Only time will tell.

I am disappointed with Marna for the way he reacted, he is idolised by many young fans and would imagine he is devastated by his actions.
Perhaps IL took advice from Cousins, as he had a similar issue with Garry Hill after the Salisbury incident, and his failure to take appropriate action then alienated a significant number of Diamonds fans.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Forgiving bunch are Ploppies fans. The general consensus on Poppynet on Tuesday evening was that both players were a disgrace and should be sacked and now they're saying it has been handled well by IL/MS. :?
BARTONRED

Post by BARTONRED »

Yes because poppynet covers all K*ttering fans :roll:

It says they have 4 weeks to proove they are worth keeping if not then they will go.

I would suggest it's some of your fans that have the blinkers on, so tragically desperate for us to go bust that you sit and wait to twist anything towards us being strapped for cash. Bloody hell have you got access to our accounts?
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Nope not got access to your accounts, just know how much it costs to play at NP, it took Griggs about 750k to cover each year to get us anywhere near the top!
We are not wanting you to go bust would much prefer u to naff off back to your borough and the landlord be left with a lame duck and I think that's what most diamonds fans would want.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by StaceyH »

Absolutely. I wouldn't wish what we've been through on any other set of fans, not even you lot. Go back to RR or wherever in K*ttering and leave your current landlord with a stadium that sits empty and doesn't bring him any revenue....oh, how satisfying that would be.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
BARTONRED

Post by BARTONRED »

Believe me we would love to be able to go to a new ground in K*ttering but we are where we are