Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by bozzer »

i think this is my favourite so far.

'£10 ono: 1 x adult season ticket + 2 x under 16 season tickets.

Note all three are in a prime 'ring-side' position.

Change of sporting interest forces sale. I've decided that my two boys would prefer to watch a game of football as opposed to the indescribable heap of cack that's currently on show at Nene Park."
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

£10 !!!!!!!!! They'll have to pay me more than that to take it off their hands :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shame for them eh? More of a shame that they still sit outside of the relegation zone thanks to defeats by Lincoln and Alfreton.

I'm sure they'll turn it around eventually, but its fun while it lasts ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Is their pheonix club being set up yet?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

bozzer wrote:
..........all three are in a prime 'ring-side' position.

Let's get ready to rumble. :D
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

Just when you think they really can't make it any better, they come up with that, truly brilliant.

I see that the attendance has largely been overlooked on Poppynet - alarm bells must be ringing. This a week after the ET were carrying the news of the vastly successful reception of the reduction in ticket prices.

I also like the way the ET have gone from "Stimson is making his mark" and "The winds of change are beginning to sweep through K*ttering Town" on Monday - then two whole days (yes, count them, all 48 hours) later, "Things at K*ttering Town are spiralling out of control". It's just incredible, you couldn't make it up could you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I notice the gate of 1119 was less than there were when Hayes visited Nene Park last season. So much for the slashed prices meaning the average gates might climb towards the target of 2500.

Mind you, they are getting plenty of publicity following the punch-up, so perhaps a few converts from WWE or UFC might go along to their next game to see some action.
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

Just waiting for the Ladak spin, I expect it was all a big mis-understanding and that the upstanding caring citizens Marna and Ashikodi, were actually taking part in a charity boxing match to raise money for palestinian albino lesbian dwarves. It was unfortunate that due to a lack of publicity from the Evening Telegraph, who frankly should have done more to support Mr Ladak and this event, that nobody else in Nene Park was aware of this.
Chammie

Post by Chammie »

Formic wrote:I notice the gate of 1119 was less than there were when Hayes visited Nene Park last season. So much for the slashed prices meaning the average gates might climb towards the target of 2500.
Particularly interesting, I thought, was the fact that out of the 11 BSP matches last night, KTFC were watched by the 4th lowest attendence - lower even than FGR.

They may not be paying too much attention to this on Poppynet but sticking their heads in the sand isn't going to help, particularly since probably a third of that attendence last night will have been made up of the free child tickets given to season ticket holders with most of the remaining hardy souls being the reduced price season ticket holders - assuming they are still bothering to attend.

Very few seem to be taking advantage of IL's newly reduced 'on-the-day' ticket prices which is hardly surprising since they had no more success than this with the £10.00 reduced price admission they introduced during the last season at RR.

Doing well aren't they? ..... and for such a big club (they think)!
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

The fact, whether they like it or not, is that with one man like La Dick in charge, one they don't know what the hell is going on in their own football club and two, they are powerless to do anything about it. It's a one man show and and as we know with Cousins / Beasants, you have no choice as an individual fan but to suffer the bullshit and just hope for the best. There's no excuse for buying all the spin and hype though and ACTUALLY believing it though.

The best thing they can do is vote with their feet and pick up the pieces after the circus leaves town.
Chammie

Post by Chammie »

HiHoRushden&Diamonds wrote:If anyone is feeling upset, I suggest you head over to poppynet and enjoy!
I just did, it's good isn't it?
I knew it wouldn't be long before they started baying for Mark Stimson's head but even I didn't think that they would get after him this quickly. Perhaps IL should just appoint himself as Manager and have done with it.