[ Sat 6th Oct ] v Rushden & Higham Utd KO 3pm AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rankine's Nose

Re: [ Sat 6th Oct ] v Rushden & Higham Utd KO 3pm AWAY

Post by Rankine's Nose »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:Another great but comfortable performance. Only potential downside is that Taylor went off injured and hope it is'nt too bad
He just posted a Tweet saying "Off to A&E" :(
AFC R&D - Member 382
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Firstly, great result and performance. Midfield were exceptional and McBride was rightly MOM. Hopefully Taylor isn't too badly injured.

Attendance was superb. I thought the attendance would be decent but didn't actually think we'd break the record. Let's hope this translates into 1000+ home gates!

Oadby have drawn 0-0 at home to Bourne which is great news for us, although sadly their goal difference is better than ours. Harrowby beat managerless Buckingham Town 6-0 at Buckingham so they must be appalling.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

What a fantastic day. Local football for local people with sensible rules at a sensible price = good crowds. Whilst Kettrin were humiliated in front of a paltry crowd at NP, a record attendance for the UCL Div 1 basked in the glorious early autumn sunshine, loads of beer being drunk throughout the game, 1 or 2 stewards, no old bill, an immaculate minutes silence, well behaved, good natured fans, a good game of football and a great result. Thanks to all at R&H for a warm welcome and they displayed sportsmanship and integrity in defeat unlike some.......

Ref was still crap though but some things never change !!!
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

luckyfour wrote:What a fantastic day. Local football for local people with sensible rules at a sensible price = good crowds. Whilst Kettrin were humiliated in front of a paltry crowd at NP, a record attendance for the UCL Div 1 basked in the glorious early autumn sunshine, loads of beer being drunk throughout the game, 1 or 2 stewards, no old bill, an immaculate minutes silence, well behaved, good natured fans, a good game of football and a great result. Thanks to all at R&H for a warm welcome and they displayed sportsmanship and integrity in defeat unlike some.......
Brilliant post
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:Firstly, great result and performance. Midfield were exceptional and McBride was rightly MOM. Hopefully Taylor isn't too badly injured.

I agree with this also. He's getting better with every game and seems to knick balls where he looks second favourite. A tough tackler for someone who looks so slight!
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

One player I didn't really register at the start of the season but has really stood out in the last couple of weeks - Sam Brown - bloody good player in my book.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

luckyfour wrote:One player I didn't really register at the start of the season but has really stood out in the last couple of weeks - Sam Brown - bloody good player in my book.
I said something similar to my old man today. We were told when he signed that he was a good player and he's proven it, he looks a cut above at this level.

Joe Merril is also exceptional, and what a goal today! He should be playing a lot lot higher.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

Yep cracking goal from Joe today, can't wait to see that one again on the highlights.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:
luckyfour wrote:One player I didn't really register at the start of the season but has really stood out in the last couple of weeks - Sam Brown - bloody good player in my book.
I said something similar to my old man today. We were told when he signed that he was a good player and he's proven it, he looks a cut above at this level.

Joe Merril is also exceptional, and what a goal today! He should be playing a lot lot higher.
He was threatening to do that after that one hit the bar against Thrapston. Think he earned his midfield start after his performance last week
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

great game/result.
hope r&h made a packet.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50