Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Former Players

Post by therushden »

Sid wrote:
Basil wrote:
corby diamond wrote:
And whilst on the Yeovil theme does anyone else still feel robbed of that fa cup match that produced not the top, but one of the most diabolical decisions I've ever witnessed at a diamonds game which resulted in us being knocked out the cup. The Yeovil lad walking back with nobody around him clearly impeding joes view was not classed as offside and interfering with play :wacko:

To this day I still cannot see how Dean Bowditch was not interfering with play - one of the worst refereeing decisions ever :nono: :nono: :nono:
Seen plenty of worse decisions, but yes still annoyed, of course he was interfering with play.
and that tw@t matt smith on the highlights said, 'common sense prevailed there'. He was clearly in the vision of the keeper and interfering with play. i was telling my mate this at the last match.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
therushden

Post by therushden »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
therushden wrote:Who was that then. I'm trying to wrack my brain as to who was in that first season in the league team.
If your referring to Brownie's post, it was Michael mcelhatton
how did he do that then? loved macca, brilliant player. i remember shaking his hand at his testimonial and asking him how we never saw a macc-trick. he always scored two.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

therushden wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:
therushden wrote:Who was that then. I'm trying to wrack my brain as to who was in that first season in the league team.
If your referring to Brownie's post, it was Michael mcelhatton
how did he do that then? loved macca, brilliant player. i remember shaking his hand at his testimonial and asking him how we never saw a macc-trick. he always scored two.
For what I remember it was a Tuesday night against Yeovil, there was a hard tackle on him (dont know if this was Patmore), I remember him hobbling around by the dug out and BT sent him back on to run it off to the amazement of the crowd, within two minutes Patmore then took him out with what would now be a straight Red.

He made a brief comeback but never recovered and was forced to retire
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

therushden wrote:
Sid wrote:
Basil wrote:
And whilst on the Yeovil theme does anyone else still feel robbed of that fa cup match that produced not the top, but one of the most diabolical decisions I've ever witnessed at a diamonds game which resulted in us being knocked out the cup. The Yeovil lad walking back with nobody around him clearly impeding joes view was not classed as offside and interfering with play :wacko:

To this day I still cannot see how Dean Bowditch was not interfering with play - one of the worst refereeing decisions ever :nono: :nono: :nono:
Seen plenty of worse decisions, but yes still annoyed, of course he was interfering with play.
and that tw@t matt smith on the highlights said, 'common sense prevailed there'. He was clearly in the vision of the keeper and interfering with play. i was telling my mate this at the last match.
What made it such an appalling, infuriating decision was the fact that the lino could see Bowditch was interfering, and flagged him offside, only for the c*** with the whistle to overrule him! Still makes my blood boil! :mad:

And I used to like Matt Smith until that ridiculous comment; shows he clearly doesn't have a clue about football. Knob.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon

Post by davealbon »

davealbon wrote:
therushden wrote:
Sid wrote:
What made it such an appalling, infuriating decision was the fact that the lino could see Bowditch was interfering, and flagged him offside, only for the c*** with the whistle to overrule him! Still makes my blood boil! :mad:

And I used to like Matt Smith until that ridiculous comment; shows he clearly doesn't have a clue about football. Knob.
I was tempted to send the ref the second picture on page 195 of https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footba ... eutral.pdf at the time. It could be an aerial photo of that exact incident!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Speaking of things that will annoy me forever, look at the defending for the equaliser.

https://youtu.be/NDVNzbzODPg

I'm convinced we'd have stayed up if we'd won that.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Bob's Bitch wrote:Speaking of things that will annoy me forever, look at the defending for the equaliser.

https://youtu.be/NDVNzbzODPg

I'm convinced we'd have stayed up if we'd won that.
agreed, we would of moved out of relegation places if we won that

It also showed you shouldn't just listen to your heart when appointing a new manager
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I don't think Hunter was that bad TBH, couldn't fault the effort, we just turned to jelly with 5 minutes to go so many times that season.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
therushden

Post by therushden »

He really needed to be playing, we were crying out for a defender of quality that season.
davealbon

Post by davealbon »

Bob's Bitch wrote:I don't think Hunter was that bad TBH, couldn't fault the effort, we just turned to jelly with 5 minutes to go so many times that season.
He was infinitely better than his predecessor, and his successor.