JUSTINS CRY FOR HELP

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harry

Re: JUSTINS CRY FOR HELP

Post by Harry »

Get Broughton in and the crowds will come flooding back. Simple.
Diamond down South.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

JE will get punished by that probably but he's so right in what he's saying.

About their Chairman, I think we should let Liam Beasant kick his head in!
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

When we play them again, and if we're losing after 50 minutes, lets all go on the pitch. :D :D

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Zippy, now I appreciate fans have slipped away for those reasons, but that is the PAST. Last season we made the play-offs with a fairly young team and scored 77 goals in the league, with one of the most talented footballers I've ever seen in Tomlin, and we still had poor attendances. How many times have you seen a Diamonds team win 9 - 0 and 8 - 0 in the same season? In 40 years I've NEVER seen it. In fact the 8 - 0 win at home is the best attacking football I've ever seen (and I include the great 4 league title winning sides since the merger in that). So to say that's why people are still staying away is baffling, cos the rubbish football (a la Hart and Hill) days are GONE. Unfortunately Max isn't here to be able to subsidise gate prices anymore, so people need to support the going rate or it goes altogether. The new people in charge deserve a chance, they're listening and acting accordingly by reducing on the gate prices for the average supporters.
We really do hope to see you and your friends back at Nene Park in the near future, things are improving but we need your support to push on.

Best attacking football you've ever seen??? I appreciate chances had to be converted but Weymouth's youth team and Gateshead on that particular day were awful. I seem to remember the Downer goal vs Gateshead being the epitimy of it all when he charged down the defender on the halfway line who passed back to the keeper who made a complete calamity of it and gift wrapped for Downer to get his name on the score sheet. These were very poor teams we played on those occassions and in Weymouth's case, very difficult circumstances for them. I don't take anything away from the team that day as you can only beat whats put in front of you but I wouldn't call it anything near the best attacking football i've ever seen. You of course will have seen different matches to me and I wouldn't come on here and tell someone there opinion is wrong even though most have tried to tell me I am on here.

Your telling me to move away from the past but your commenting on performances of last season??? What I would say to your comment is that attendances did improve in the second half of last season because there was a team performing well, that had clicked, scoring goals and playing attractive football with passion (with the exception of perhaps Louis). All of which i've mentioned previously, which had they continued into this year i'm certain gates would be a lot higher. The only reason i'm mentioning the past is thats when "those" fans have fallen away. I came on here to give my views and feelings as someone that doesn't go up and down the country anymore like I used to in response to the original question of "where have they gone" hoping to provide you all with an insight, didn't expect to be told those reasons are wrong......or did I lol quote fickle bunch.

I appreciate the rubbish football of Hart and Hill are gone and thank God for that but my point was to say the football even now is still some way off "attractive". I'm not saying it should be with the budget, young squad etc etc but the team is where it is and the club is where it is which goes back to my original point, where it is, won't attract in the numbers whilst they are being charged £17.00.

I guess during the Griggs era there was also much more of a feel good factor around the place that spread across the local community, that drew crowds in and again isn't there anymore. I'm not sure that the money was the reason although maybe the thought of watching a team going somewhere was attractive enough for a neutral looking to follow a 2nd team?

Anyhow, i've given my views and will probably revert back to the shadows as I used to come on here to follow the views of the fans and stay up to date with the club, which seems a safer option lol

Good luck with the gates, standing with a fickle bunch (not all I might add) on a Saturday afternoon watching drab draws and defeats against poor poor sides at nearly £20 is not enjoyment to me and certainly not what i'd call "the best attacking football of my life" but maybe in my time away from the club i've been priveleged to see some amazing games at little or no extra cost. As I stated in my previous post, this wasn't just my view but the view collectively of the group that used to come regularly. Maybe we've grown up in a corner somewhere away from reality and must all be wrong, hang us now, hang us now!
scot

Post by scot »

Zippy wrote:
Two of Diamonds wrote:Zippy, now I appreciate fans have slipped away for those reasons, but that is the PAST. Last season we made the play-offs with a fairly young team and scored 77 goals in the league, with one of the most talented footballers I've ever seen in Tomlin, and we still had poor attendances. How many times have you seen a Diamonds team win 9 - 0 and 8 - 0 in the same season? In 40 years I've NEVER seen it. In fact the 8 - 0 win at home is the best attacking football I've ever seen (and I include the great 4 league title winning sides since the merger in that). So to say that's why people are still staying away is baffling, cos the rubbish football (a la Hart and Hill) days are GONE. Unfortunately Max isn't here to be able to subsidise gate prices anymore, so people need to support the going rate or it goes altogether. The new people in charge deserve a chance, they're listening and acting accordingly by reducing on the gate prices for the average supporters.
We really do hope to see you and your friends back at Nene Park in the near future, things are improving but we need your support to push on.

Best attacking football you've ever seen??? I appreciate chances had to be converted but Weymouth's youth team and Gateshead on that particular day were awful. I seem to remember the Downer goal vs Gateshead being the epitimy of it all when he charged down the defender on the halfway line who passed back to the keeper who made a complete calamity of it and gift wrapped for Downer to get his name on the score sheet. These were very poor teams we played on those occassions and in Weymouth's case, very difficult circumstances for them. I don't take anything away from the team that day as you can only beat whats put in front of you but I wouldn't call it anything near the best attacking football i've ever seen. You of course will have seen different matches to me and I wouldn't come on here and tell someone there opinion is wrong even though most have tried to tell me I am on here.

Your telling me to move away from the past but your commenting on performances of last season??? What I would say to your comment is that attendances did improve in the second half of last season because there was a team performing well, that had clicked, scoring goals and playing attractive football with passion (with the exception of perhaps Louis). All of which i've mentioned previously, which had they continued into this year i'm certain gates would be a lot higher. The only reason i'm mentioning the past is thats when "those" fans have fallen away. I came on here to give my views and feelings as someone that doesn't go up and down the country anymore like I used to in response to the original question of "where have they gone" hoping to provide you all with an insight, didn't expect to be told those reasons are wrong......or did I lol quote fickle bunch.

I appreciate the rubbish football of Hart and Hill are gone and thank God for that but my point was to say the football even now is still some way off "attractive". I'm not saying it should be with the budget, young squad etc etc but the team is where it is and the club is where it is which goes back to my original point, where it is, won't attract in the numbers whilst they are being charged £17.00.

I guess during the Griggs era there was also much more of a feel good factor around the place that spread across the local community, that drew crowds in and again isn't there anymore. I'm not sure that the money was the reason although maybe the thought of watching a team going somewhere was attractive enough for a neutral looking to follow a 2nd team?

Anyhow, i've given my views and will probably revert back to the shadows as I used to come on here to thanfollow the views of the fans and stay up to date with the club, which seems a safer option lol

Good luck with the gates, standing with a fickle bunch (not all I might add) on a Saturday afternoon watching drab draws and defeats against poor poor sides at nearly £20 is not enjoyment to me and certainly not what i'd call "the best attacking football of my life" but maybe in my time away from the club i've been priveleged to see some amazing games at little or no extra cost. As I stated in my previous post, this wasn't just my view but the view collectively of the group that used to come regularly. Maybe we've grown up in a corner somewhere away from reality and must all be wrong, hang us now, hang us now!
Zippy lippy you are more than a little bit fickle .
AFC R&D Member 480
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

No offence intended Zippy, just my opinion of course. But people who have stopped coming must realise that things have moved on and stop using previous "reasons" not to come. It's all too easy to find a "reason" not to come. The £17 (or £20 as you quote) thing has been dealt with, the football's better than it has been - we're gonna piss this TINPOT league next season ;) :lol: What more do you need? :lol: 8-)
AFC R & D member number 34
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... tml#286644

Decent little article on the beeb. Mabye if we try and reintroduce the non-football community aspect then some may be converted?
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Two of Diamonds wrote:No offence intended Zippy, just my opinion of course. But people who have stopped coming must realise that things have moved on and stop using previous "reasons" not to come. It's all too easy to find a "reason" not to come. The £17 (or £20 as you quote) thing has been dealt with, the football's better than it has been - we're gonna piss this TINPOT league next season ;) :lol: What more do you need? :lol: 8-)

Not using any previous reasons not to come. The price and the performances are still very much a present aren't they? People aren't going to flock paying £17 just because they've been dropped for next season. We will only see the impact at the start of next season. The performances are still inconsistent and usually poor for whatever reason people decide on, young team, players out, lack of support etc etc. I didn't quote £20, actually reads nearly £20. Not sure what football your comparing the current football to as better than its been as you don't comment or look back on the past? Piss this league next year, I don't think :roll: Even if we sign some really big names or get a really good squad together, we won't piss this league. We could challenge next year but not piss it.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

scot wrote:
Zippy wrote:

Anyhow, i've given my views and will probably revert back to the shadows as I used to come on here to thanfollow the views of the fans and stay up to date with the club, which seems a safer option lol

Zippy lippy you are more than a little bit fickle .

Scot, below is the definition of the word Fickle:
fickle - liable to sudden unpredictable change; "erratic behavior"; "fickle weather"; "mercurial twists of temperament"; "a quicksilver character, cool and willful at one moment, utterly fragile the next"

I think its fair to say i've been consistant with my approach and with my views, fail to see what i've posted that makes me fickle. It was more in reference to those that cry for Justin's head one week but call him a legend the next or who call the team crap one week but jump on a promotion band wagon the next. I'm sure if your regular on here, even if you don't post you'll know what I mean.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

in my experience only one thing improves crowds. A winning team.
To the great majority it does not matter how those wins are achieved. If after say 6 games any team has six wins on the board then the casual observer sits up and takes notice.

If they come along and discover we have a Tomlin or Jackson that is merely icing on the cake.
Success breeds success.