[ Sat 16th Sep ] v Alfreton Town, KO 3pm FAC2QR AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Alfreton Town, KO 3pm FAC2QR AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Real Ale etc.. at a local Micro Pub - per their tweet. https://twitter.com/PoisonWhats/status/ ... 0343838720

This Micropub is at:

33 High Street
Alfreton
DE55 7HH

Just a short walk from/to the ground.

Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Game day #FACup. Come on lads let's give it a right go today, the 12th man are with you.
AFC R & D member number 34
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Went to exercise this morning in Rushden gear - was stopped by an avid AFC Wimbledon fan who was very interested in us, our progress, what we were doing etc. He said his two favourite moments with his club were the FA Cup ties against MK and Liverpool and these above all else made him feel the Phoenix had been worthwhile. COYD!
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

2-2, back at Hayden Road on Tuesday then. Well in! :good:

Just seen the attendance was 418, poor for a side of that level! Hopefully they bring some to our place.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Mixed feelings. Going away to a club two leagues above and getting a draw is a massive effort from the lads. Being 2-0 up and letting the game go is disappointing.

Glad we held on and bringing them back to HR is a great achievement. I hope we can take advantage and get a result on tuesday.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

It is obviously disappointing to go 2-0 up and not win, but overall I think we should be delighted with the draw and taking them back to HR which should be a great night, because to be fair to Alfreton, as poor as they were today, they could have and probably should have scored more against our makeshift defence (though take nothing away from how hard the back 4 worked today) and when they equalised I thought they'd maybe go and win it, we had to really fight at the end.

I was very relieved to see Gyasi back in the squad and what a difference he makes, with that combination of Gyasi, Shariff, Hoban and Fairlamb up top, we were able to cause them all sorts of problems, it was fantastic to go 2-0 up at a team 2 levels above who have made a decent start to their season, and while they clearly had a serious off day, it was another famous away performance in the FA Cup for us and I am buzzing for the home replay on Tuesday night, we can win it :joy:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Another great away day. I was seriously worried when I saw the back four but greatly encouraged to see Gyasi and Fairlamb back.
A tremendous team effort with the front men working their socks off to support that back four.

The injuries to Gyasi and Bunting are cause for concern but Westwood may be back and hopefuly Sam Brown.

Very poor programme for £3, very poor level of home support (if the figure given was truthful) and a very poor referee.

Looking forward to Tuesday for a night to remember, but Alfreton I fancy will be a much different proposition to what we saw from them today.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It was a terrific effort and a great result by the team. Alfreton were quicker and generally first to the ball. Both their goals came from set pieces the first particularly poor refereeing as Hoban was clearly injured and they took it about 10 yards away from where it occurred. Shame Nabil couldnt quite win it at the end but he was out on his feet and their keeper made a great save. Lets hope our proper right back is available and Faz can boss that middle again.
Great stuff from the 12th man too. Same again Tuesday.
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Very complimentary about our fans. :good:

"Andy Beck (@becky196734):

@AFCRD @alfretontownfc Your fans were superb. Loud, humorous and never stopped singing!"
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:50 am ....the first particularly poor refereeing as Hoban was clearly injured and they took it about 10 yards away from where it occurred.
Not to mention the fact that it was never a foul by Hoban in the first place! Just seen it again on the highlights, and I'm even more angry than I was at the time. Truly an appalling decision. :mad:

Brilliant effort from the lads though; they put us under a lot of pressure, but we (Nabil) had the better chances to win the game. Says it all when you come away from a game at a club two leagues higher, feeling disappointed not to have won. I understand Sam and Westy may be back for Tuesday, so I'm confident of completing the upset!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297