AFC R&D and WTFC statement re: The Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: AFC R&D and WTFC statement re: The Dog & Duck

Post by Dowlo »

Wow! That's some fairly bad news to start the day with. I wonder what the landlord has in mind for the D&D. I'm guessing he wants to have a slice of the retail development cake next door? Surely with it being on a flood plain he wont get planning persmission for it?

This does leave the club in a very bad position obviously. Surely the option of going to St Neots next season (obviously this is just a potential scenerio) would mean a potential move to the Southern section of the league again? Where as Corby Town would mean remaining in the Northern half but be further for fans to travel to games. I appreciate it is all up in the air but it is not looking good however we dress it up. What is it with sporting teams in East Northants and not being able to find places to play.

As extreme and outrageous as this may sound surely with us and K*ttering now both looking for new homes, surely the option to ground share has to be explored? Seperately both clubs will struggle to find a long term solution but together surely our chances would improve? I never thought a few years back I'd be saying that but circumstances have changed dramatically since then.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Absolutely agree with this - time now for AFCRD and KTFC to put any "rivalry" aside and look for a ground-share in East Northants.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I don't really think it would work, for a start K*ttering want to be back in K*ttering.

I hope this doesn't start a revival of the Nene Park idea, personally I would hate to go back there.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

tech_head wrote:
Cotty wrote:although I agree that sensitive information should be reserved for the Members' forum, surely those of us who have chosen not to be members have a right to know what is going on with the club.
I guess thats what the official statement is for, to inform all fans of the facts.
It doesn't really give all of the facts though. I would really like to know when our club became aware this clause existed, with such short notice, how possible it was that it could be invoked, and whether the possible use of such a clause was discussed with the landlord when the investments were made by either AFCRD or WTFC in ground improvements / clubhouse repairs. I can't recall anything this short-term being mentioned at any meeting I've been to, or anything I've read.

I wonder if we have any fans who might be able to help look at the agreements and see if there is anything we might use in our favour.

I was quite relaxed when things didn't seem to materialise regarding a new ground, thinking we could bide our time at the D&D, but had I known this was a possibility I'm sure I would have taken a different view.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Bob's Bitch wrote:I don't really think it would work, for a start K*ttering want to be back in K*ttering.

I hope this doesn't start a revival of the Nene Park idea, personally I would hate to go back there.
I agree about K*ttering but beggars can't be choosers, if we have no other option than to fold the club then I'd seriously look at Nene Park
AFC R & D member number 34
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

If we can't find a ground-share with a ground good enough for this level, will we drop down to accommodate for this?
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

TBH I wouldn't mind Hayden Road, if we could get a temporary seated stand in somewhere. We might have to drop down, but I bet the crowds would still be good and we'd be in the community. With us and R&H sharing it would certainly increase pressure on finding somewhere new.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

What are the viable options?

I'd assume Corby, Bedford, St Neots and Nene Park are all options to be explored, maybe even Northampton Town at a push. The fact our predicament is now common knowledge won't help when negotiating a good deal though. Assume it would be too much effort to take a ground like Raunds and make it upto scratch in time for next season.
tech_head

Post by tech_head »

UttoDiamond wrote:Absolutely agree with this - time now for AFCRD and KTFC to put any "rivalry" aside and look for a ground-share in East Northants.
Can't disagree with this enough, look how little progress KTFC has made compared to us over the last 4 years. We have a really active membership all pulling in the right direction. (great members AGM last night btw) Apart from 2-3 really active members at KTFC the rest of that lot sit there and moan and do nothing. They will never really progress as they want everything on a plate. I do feel sorry for their Chairman...
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 183
blackcountrydiamond

Post by blackcountrydiamond »

Formic wrote:
tech_head wrote:
Cotty wrote:although I agree that sensitive information should be reserved for the Members' forum, surely those of us who have chosen not to be members have a right to know what is going on with the club.
I guess thats what the official statement is for, to inform all fans of the facts.
It doesn't really give all of the facts though. I would really like to know when our club became aware this clause existed, with such short notice, how possible it was that it could be invoked, and whether the possible use of such a clause was discussed with the landlord when the investments were made by either AFCRD or WTFC in ground improvements / clubhouse repairs. I can't recall anything this short-term being mentioned at any meeting I've been to, or anything I've read.

I wonder if we have any fans who might be able to help look at the agreements and see if there is anything we might use in our favour.

I was quite relaxed when things didn't seem to materialise regarding a new ground, thinking we could bide our time at the D&D, but had I known this was a possibility I'm sure I would have taken a different view.
Surely you have developed enough faith in the the good people who run our club (directors) to know that they would be working hard on this, would be on top of the details and issuing a notice like this would be something they really wouldn't want to have to do.

Have some faith and talk to them if you get chance.