[ Sat 23rd Aug ] v Ptrboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Aug ] v Ptrboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP AW

Post by Dazzler »

I merged the PNS away thread into this Match thread as it was getting lonely/unused.
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote:
James Beil wrote:Seems Peaksy's going to have a job settling on a first eleven this year - good news for us I suppose. Any thoughts on who might be staying if we go up this year? Surely Dunks and Doleman would be guaranteed at least one more year, and possibly Koriya if he stays fit, Gearing & Clarke would both be in with a good shout - any other prospects in the U21's who might step up?
I think you are being a tad premature on several counts there - we've only played 1 league game so far!
It`s an age thing with him Formic, James is at that age when premature is common place. On the back 4 line up speculation, I hope most peoples predictions are right as i`m aware of one defender who is more than a little keen to get his season underway.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Brownie wrote:
Formic wrote:
James Beil wrote:Seems Peaksy's going to have a job settling on a first eleven this year - good news for us I suppose. Any thoughts on who might be staying if we go up this year? Surely Dunks and Doleman would be guaranteed at least one more year, and possibly Koriya if he stays fit, Gearing & Clarke would both be in with a good shout - any other prospects in the U21's who might step up?
I think you are being a tad premature on several counts there - we've only played 1 league game so far!
It`s an age thing with him Formic, James is at that age when premature is common place. On the back 4 line up speculation, I hope most peoples predictions are right as i`m aware of one defender who is more than a little keen to get his season underway.
Yeah, poor old Joe Merrill; two seasons running he's missed the start due to injury. How is he? ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Working on his fitness by all accounts.
With the present squad regarding size and ability it`s almost a help to Peaksy having some out injured at any given time as long as injuries are not to serious, keeping all 22 happy could be his hardest job during first 3 months of the season. Sadly i`m sure we may see some leave the Club by Christmas, but looking at the squad is the anyone you would want to loose? That`s not a question I`m looking for an answer on here to, not very fair on any who may be named.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Brownie wrote:Working on his fitness by all accounts.
With the present squad regarding size and ability it`s almost a help to Peaksy having some out injured at any given time as long as injuries are not to serious, keeping all 22 happy could be his hardest job during first 3 months of the season. Sadly i`m sure we may see some leave the Club by Christmas, but looking at the squad is the anyone you would want to loose? That`s not a question I`m looking for an answer on here to, not very fair on any who may be named.
I think we are likely to see Joe play for the U21s again tonight against Wellingborough as he continues to work on "catching up" on the pre-season that he missed.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Two PNS players are suspended after being sent off against Holbeach and Tolley has departed after his short stay. Nice to know we were runners up last season. :o

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/peterboro ... 74961.html
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Trek wrote:Two PNS players are suspended after being sent off against Holbeach and Tolley has departed after his short stay. Nice to know we were runners up last season. :o

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/peterboro ... 74961.html
A deserved draw :roll: they may have played well at The D&D and were worthy winners, but over there from memory which as a rule is quite reliable to put if politely we dicked them, just missed a hat full of chances, was that not the game where we even cleared it off The PNS line to avoid going 2 up.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The article also suggests we didn't lose three times to Huntingdon last season either....

Brownie's memory of the game in Dogsthorpe last season are similar to mine - although I think the strong wind in the first half spoilt the game. I also remember quite an emotional post match interview by the manager as it was around the time of the outbursts etc from Liburd and Allen.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Formic wrote:The article also suggests we didn't lose three times to Huntingdon last season either....

Brownie's memory of the game in Dogsthorpe last season are similar to mine - although I think the strong wind in the first half spoilt the game. I also remember quite an emotional post match interview by the manager as it was around the time of the outbursts etc from Liburd and Allen.
It was the first following 'twittergate' I think and it was a tough interview. Starms was always very honest in his interviews so I had to think of the questions carefully, which doesn't usually happen.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
Formic wrote:The article also suggests we didn't lose three times to Huntingdon last season either....

It was the first following 'twittergate' I think and it was a tough interview. Starms was always very honest in his interviews so I had to think of the questions carefully, which doesn't usually happen.
You could almost repeat some of your questions to Matt Gearing on Saturday from his MoM interview after that game, as you were asking him about whether he preferred playing on the left or right. I thought he missed having Sam Brown behind him in the first couple of games, and if they are able to renew their partnership on the left on Saturday I think we'll get more balance in the side.