[ Sat 20th Jul ] v Brackley Town, KO 3pm HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Jul ] v Brackley Town, KO 3pm HOME

Post by Pigman »

Missed today's game, but really pleased to see steady progress being made, that's what pre-season games are all about, getting fit and gelling new players together, to get them firing as a team - looks like we're heading in the right direction.

With work/family commitments and holidays, I doubt if I'll get to see any of the pre-season games (just seen the R&H one), my next match will be our first competitive match.

While on the subject of games, please, please if you can help out on a match day let Chas know - any help will be gratefully received and with people like me letting the side down, more match day helpers are desperately needed. Remember, its OUR club, no-one else's :)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Dan Chilton was Sileby's first choice CB last season with Spaughton - both have now left Sileby. Think he might have even captained them? A good signing if he stays.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Trek

Post by Trek »

He was an unused substitute in our match at Sileby and didn't feature at all in the return at the Dog and Duck.
Trek

Post by Trek »

I noticed that Ashley Deeney was in the Brackley Town squad that played MK Dons on Wednesday night.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

When you consider the quality of the opposition you have to say it was an excellent result. It wasn't great at times (I thought we were trying to concede for the first 10-15 minutes) and we created very, very little after we scored but I thought the midfield inparticular Aaron King was exceptional.

Fair play to Brackley for respecting us and bringing their full side. Did anybody notice the total lack of away support for a first team game? Weird, although we've become used to it.

Jamal Clarke excellent again - I think we ought to be looking to keep on the strength of his last two performances.

I mentioned this before and I probably sound really really miserable, but is there any way we can have some sort of netting up behind the goal before games, before one of our fans gets decapitated? Some of the finishing in the warm up makes Michael Rankine look like Robbie Fowler. As seems to happen almost every home game, today one of our fans took one flush in the face and on another day it could have been really nasty. As it was he got away lightly - his glasses were broken and he had blood from his nose running down his face but I understand he was OK.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote:I mentioned this before and I probably sound really really miserable, but is there any way we can have some sort of netting up behind the goal before games, before one of our fans gets decapitated? Some of the finishing in the warm up makes Michael Rankine look like Robbie Fowler. As seems to happen almost every home game, today one of our fans took one flush in the face and on another day it could have been really nasty. As it was he got away lightly - his glasses were broken and he had blood from his nose running down his face but I understand he was OK.
I'm not saying I disagree with you but I can't remember it being different at Nene Park. Maybe because people could stand further away from the pitch but they were still in danger in the warm-up. Eyes to the front everyone! ;)

Oh and as Pigman says, if any fans could volunteer on matchdays, even if it was just for one out of every two or three home games, it would be greatly appreciated. You may have noticed we were rather short-staffed today.

Friendlies are a nice way to get to know the tasks at hand because the attendances are half of what we're used to and it's usually (LOLOLOL) more relaxed. Even just manning the members' turnstile up to 5 minutes before kick-off means Chas or someone else is free to do other tasks.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Did anybody notice the total lack of away support for a first team game? Weird, although we've become used to it.
I did see what I think must of been the Brackley Chairman going though our attendances in the programee and comparing us to the other teams in ucl1, I wanted to point out that the other teams where only that high because of our away attendance!! he couldn't believe we got 800 against oadby
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:.

Jamal Clarke excellent again - I think we ought to be looking to keep on the strength of his last two performances.

He looks assured in the air and with our seemingly lack of centre half's, he would be an adequate signing. Did a good job on the forwards from 3 divisions above
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I thought the game was a very good test against a well organised team. We had a few spells of 'backs against the wall' but, overall it was encouraging. The 2nd half was seriously good for us, with the midfield battling away and especially when Grainger and Dent went on, the opposition were almost out of the game. Dunkley and Taylor did very well and need a few more matches to gel, and the defence looked assured and solid and commanding in the air.
A good test and more time together will be excellent preparation for a season aginst teams that will be more determined than the teams last season to get one over us.

COYD