New signing

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UttoDiamond

Re: New signing

Post by UttoDiamond »

Super super signing. Congrats on the management and board for pulling this one off.

DELIGHTED! :D :D :D :D
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Wow!! I didnt expect this, cracking signing! It will be interesting to see if a certain player from a certain Lincolnshire team still signs ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

Cracking signing Cambridge City of the Southern League premier approached him in January last season too and he was linked with Corby and Histon last pre season, so its great work from the management team to get him to sign for us. :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Fantastic, as impressed I was when we signed Alfie from a couple of divisions higher. I wondered whether we'd be particularly active in the summer in terms of strengthening the team or whether we'd just stick with the current players, but a signing of this calibre suggests they're hoping for back to back promotions! And he looks big on that photo alone, so I imagine UCL defences won't be able to cope with him, though you can often see defences in any league struggling to cope with the big target men types. Does anyone know how tall he is, looks like he could be at least 6"4.

Oh and I've just realised, its only just over a month to our first friendly!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

Would have been nice if he smiled a bit in the photos ! :lol:
Good signing and a statement of intent.
Having someone with his experience and at the level he has been playing is vital if we are to consolidate a position in the Prem. Jake especially, should benefit greatly from his knowledge, as will all the younger players.
Top work behind closed doors chaps.
The Singers will have to put the their thinking caps on to devise a suitable song . I suspect they`ll have to sing it quite a bit in the new season (hopefully).
Welcome to AFC R&D Russ. :D
AFC R&D Member Number 443
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Olly wrote:..... so I imagine UCL defences won't be able to cope with him, though you can often see defences in any league struggling to cope with the big target men types.
35 goals from him for Long Buckby when they won the UCL Premier title with a record points total suggest you may be spot on. ;)
Trek

Post by Trek »

dazSRJFC wrote: The Singers will have to put the their thinking caps on to devise a suitable song . I suspect they`ll have to sing it quite a bit in the new season (hopefully).
Who let the Dunk and/or the Beast out..... (sung to the tune 'Who let the Dogs Out') :D
Trek

Post by Trek »

This is interesting, note the date 17th May and the reference that Dunkley would be joining us.

http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/

Another report here.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/mobile/sport/kin ... _1_2195472

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/dunk ... own-17586/
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

Olly wrote:Does anyone know how tall he is, looks like he could be at least 6"4.
He's only 5ft 3in. - it's standing next to Starms & Peaksy that makes him look tall ;) :lol:

Seriously, he could be just the guy we need up top. I've said for sometime that Alfie & Jake don't really compliment each other, but either or both playing off a big target man could just be the business
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

I was told weeks ago that we were favourites to get Dunkley, I did hint at it but didn't like to say to much incase it didn't come off. Very impressed it has though.
AFC R&D Membership No 283