AFC R&D and WTFC statement re: The Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: AFC R&D and WTFC statement re: The Dog & Duck

Post by Rushdenjim »

Bob's Bitch wrote:TBH I wouldn't mind Hayden Road, if we could get a temporary seated stand in somewhere. We might have to drop down, but I bet the crowds would still be good and we'd be in the community. With us and R&H sharing it would certainly increase pressure on finding somewhere new.
Lets not forget that the future of Hayden Road is less than Rosy with both them and the Cricket Club likely to move to the Rushden East development. Would be a mistake to spend future money on another ground with no long term gain.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Rushdenjim wrote: Isn't the whole idea of getting a new home so that we can finally return to the Rushden/Higham area not just broadly the East Northants catchment.
Ideally yes. Rushden Town Council/Higham Town Council have no financial clout and the only land, besides the much discussed Duchy of Lancaster owned land adjacent to Moulton College, is land that is ripe for housing development east of the A6 so would be difficult/virtually impossible to obtain land for a community football hub without planning consent for a developer with a built in S106 agreement to provide for such a facility.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Unless we can negotiate a "stay of execution" with the current owner we have to arrange another groundshare with a Step 3 Grading by 30th March. I say Step 3 as we will be seeking promotion this season.

We cannot upgrade an existing ground such as Hayden Road in that time without spending a fortune as we would not be able to dismantle our stands and perimeter fencing etc whilst still playing at the D & D.

What are the chances of cancelling our agreement with D & D now and sharing with Corby/St Neots this coming season and in the next 9 months move all our property etc to Hayden Road or similar in time for 2017/18.?

The only grounds within a reasonable distance (20 miles?) of Rushden/Higham that comply to Grade 3 are St Neots, Corby or Latimer Park.(not sure about Bedford)

I don't think blaming the Board is very helpful as they are clearly as upset as any of us.....probably more so considering the work they have put in over the past 4 years at the D& D.

Now is not the time for carping and criticism. We need to get behind the club and sort this problem out
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

sussexdiamond wrote: What are the chances of cancelling our agreement with D & D now and sharing with Corby/St Neots this coming season and in the next 9 months move all our property etc to Hayden Road or similar in time for 2017/18.?
Any sensible agreement will have a break clause on both sides. And for the third time to groundshare with another would require their agreement.

Probably the only vacant property right now is Northampton Spencer and I'm not sure how habitable that would be.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Don,t forget i belive that BPW still play at Burton as well
tech_head

Post by tech_head »

sussexdiamond wrote:
I don't think blaming the Board is very helpful as they are clearly as upset as any of us.....probably more so considering the work they have put in over the past 4 years at the D& D.

Now is not the time for carping and criticism. We need to get behind the club and sort this problem out
Couldn't have said it better myself
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 183
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Formic wrote:
blackcountrydiamond wrote:
Formic wrote:
It doesn't really give all of the facts though. I would really like to know when our club became aware this clause existed, with such short notice, how possible it was that it could be invoked, and whether the possible use of such a clause was discussed with the landlord when the investments were made by either AFCRD or WTFC in ground improvements / clubhouse repairs. I can't recall anything this short-term being mentioned at any meeting I've been to, or anything I've read.

I wonder if we have any fans who might be able to help look at the agreements and see if there is anything we might use in our favour.

I was quite relaxed when things didn't seem to materialise regarding a new ground, thinking we could bide our time at the D&D, but had I known this was a possibility I'm sure I would have taken a different view.
Surely you have developed enough faith in the the good people who run our club (directors) to know that they would be working hard on this, would be on top of the details and issuing a notice like this would be something they really wouldn't want to have to do.

Have some faith and talk to them if you get chance.
There's no doubt the board have been doing a great job, but suddenly they have a whole host of new challenges relating to any possible deal with this landlord - or working on a new deal elsewhere. There may be expertise in the fanbase they could use. This might help determine whether the landlord is using this as a tactic to get an increased rent, or really has something in place to start in mid 2017, especially if the clause is something that was previously hidden from our view.
One would hope that anyone with skills and knowledge that could help would put themselves forward to be fair.

It's all raw, it's all new, we'll just have to wait and see how things develop - I'm sure the board are all over this like a rash and will communicate to members and fans as soon as there is something to say. They're our elected representatives and I trust them to do the job they're (not) paid to do :joy:

Gutted with the news though, I appreciate the landlord can do what he wants with his asset, but it's terrible news for both clubs!

Lots of work for the board to do, let's give them the breathing room and time to do it !
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Dowlo wrote:
SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Both the MP's for Wellingborough and East Northants very publicly became members of AFCR&D in the run up to the last election, have they been contacted for their views and advice?
Not sure but didn't Mr Garvie get exposed for being a train fare dodging idiot, and a nonce! :rolleyes:
That's is terrible news, disgusting news for the club. Terrible, a sad day.

I agree both MP's should be contacted over this (if their haven't been already contacted) the more support we can get over this the better.

It would need planning permission, so it would be good to contact Wellingborough Council (on it) if their haven't already been contacted.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Could be a ridiculous thought.. But how much would Mr. landlord want for the dog and duck? Could we afford it?
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

bozzer wrote:probably best to take this over to the members forum for your answers
For those who are not members or are not on the members forum, but may have expertise that may be welcome in this matter if they were made aware, what skills would you welcome and what contact details should they use to get in contact?