[ Sat 19th Mar ] v Uxbridge, KO 3pm SL1DC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 19th Mar ] v Uxbridge, KO 3pm SL1DC HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Don't know why anyone would say that Peaks is already planning for next season with the new signings. Firstly I am sure that the only thing on his mind at present is getting us back on to winning ways and secondly to get us into the play offs...at least. The new signings are in my opinion a short term solution with both those objectives the sole aim.

With the exception of Sandy none of the new guys appear to be significantly better than what we have in Quigley, Bunts and Harris.
What we desperately need is for Hoban and Stevo to re discover their "real" form.

For the supporters it is certainly turning out quite a lot different to what we were expecting just a few weeks ago and is a real shock to the system.

It does seem that no team wants to take control of this league as only two of the top sevent won today, and that leaves the door open for whoever can put 3/4 games together to either win the league or make the play offs. And once in those play offs anything can happen!
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

sussexdiamond wrote:Don't know why anyone would say that Peaks is already planning for next season with the new signings. Firstly I am sure that the only thing on his mind at present is getting us back on to winning ways and secondly to get us into the play offs...at least. The new signings are in my opinion a short term solution with both those objectives the sole aim.
Quite right, still too many of here who don't or won't understand that at this levels players are free to move where they want after 31st May unless they are contracted.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Yeah I agree. Complete rubbish that his building for next year and doesn't mind the results. If that's the case my next game will be in the new season! Half of the team now will be gone next season anyway. So it is about getting us into the playoffs.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Doesn't sound great.

Can't wait for next weekends double header, my first two games since Bedford away. Win or bust for sure.

Hopefully another few sessions on the training ground can get this group of talented players to start playing well together. I'll be open and honest, if we do worse over the last 8 games with these new central midfielders playing than how well we were doing with Brad Harris, I will have to re-evaluate all I have learnt over the last 20 years of playing and watching football. Always thought Harris was a donkey every time I saw him, but football is a team sport after all, and he definitely was a trier/team-player. Maybe that's what the new signings have unsettled a tad.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

at least we saved some money by not turning the floodlights on at halftime. I don't think the gloom explains why we kept giving the ball away as we were doing it all first half as well. At the end of the day we were simply not good enough. Uxbridge took their chances. We didn't. Simple as that.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

You have to really question Peaks' judgement over the last month or so. He has brought in players who are not preforming and has created a team that is worse than it was in January. Worrying times
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:I will have to re-evaluate all I have learnt over the last 20 years of playing and watching football. Always thought Harris was a donkey every time I saw him, but football is a team sport after all, and he definitely was a trier/team-player. Maybe that's what the new signings have unsettled a tad.
I'd start now then because if that is your impression of Brad Harris as a player then you have clearly learnt less than nothing in those twenty years.

I'll help you start.

This is a ball.....................

Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:I will have to re-evaluate all I have learnt over the last 20 years of playing and watching football. Always thought Harris was a donkey every time I saw him, but football is a team sport after all, and he definitely was a trier/team-player. Maybe that's what the new signings have unsettled a tad.
I'd start now then because if that is your impression of Brad Harris as a player then you have clearly learnt less than nothing in those twenty years.

I'll help you start.

This is a ball.....................

:cheesy:

Brilliant Dave!

Time to dig deep and get through this dip - yesterday was a massive opportunity to not just win, but get ourselves back in the title race with other results - something I'd given up on in truth.

Still lots of twists and turns to come - but yesterday wasn't good enough!

I see some folk questioning Peaksy bringing I new faces, I guess he was damned if he did or didn't really. It needed shaking up and he was brave and did it! Sadly it hasn't worked out as well or as instantly as I'm sure he'd have liked.

Oh, and I would like to be the first to congratulate Uxbridge on winning the World Cup - well that's how they celebrated, bit embarrassing really! All they'd done was gain 3 points against a side lacking in both form and confidence.

Whilst I don't tend to single players out - what has happened to Stevo, and I'm not buying the lack of service from midfield excuse? Half arsed and lacklustre yesterday, very lethargic !! Tom added some intensity to our play and for me has earned the right to play alongside Sandy against Northwood in my opinion - at least the effort was there when he came on! Claudio was so lazy for their first goal - lost the ball and stood moaning about it rather than tracking back and applying so pressure on the guy who had just robbed him - don't even get me started on the two full backs!!

K*ttering will rip us a new one in the cup final I we play half arsed like that - I got my ticket yesterday, unless there is a vast improvement I'm not sure I could take the embarrassment of the hammering they will dish out.

We have time to improve, I hope we do - 4 defeats on the trot is what we deserved overall, but Peaksy knows it's not good enough and you can see in that interview how much he's hurting - he wants the play offs at least! It's nonsense to suggest these changes are about next season.

I'll keep the faith - but we have to improve !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
icm

Post by icm »

I know I'm being a bit previous, but how many of the players that performed yesterday would you put on a 'to be retained list' for next season? I'm having trouble filling one hand!