Northern Premier League

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: Northern Premier League

Post by sussexdiamond »

Trek wrote:
sussexdiamond wrote: We only lost to the French team because we had a tough match at Stamford Bridge a few days before, which we won.
Yeah, the lads were knackered after the 300 mile march to Hastings. Poor scheduling. :D

Must have been arranged by the UCL!!
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

North Ferriby have announced they will not be taking voluntary relegation, contrary to earlier reports.
Good news for us.

It would help us even more if Barton win their play off final v Bedworth this weekend.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Yes if Barton win I'd be fairly confident we will be placed in the Southern League.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

sussexdiamond wrote:North Ferriby have announced they will not be taking voluntary relegation, contrary to earlier reports.
Good news for us.

It would help us even more if Barton win their play off final v Bedworth this weekend.

I agree I would much prefer Barton to beat Bedworth. :D
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Bedworth v Barton is on Monday.

I see they both beat higher placed teams in the play off semi's.

According to Non League Paper the FA Leagues Committee meet on May 14th.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Looking at the projections tonight, there's no logical reason for us to end up the NPL. The current projection has Bedworth as play-off winners (given their higher finishing positions) and even with them at Step 3 we're still safe - just. I think we'd probably be next in line though if somebody resigns.

King's Langley likely to be in our league next season - managed by Ritchie Hanlon.

They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote:Looking at the projections tonight, there's no logical reason for us to end up the NPL. The current projection has Bedworth as play-off winners (given their higher finishing positions) and even with them at Step 3 we're still safe - just. I think we'd probably be next in line though if somebody resigns.

King's Langley likely to be in our league next season - managed by Ritchie Hanlon.

Things might've been so different if he'd not fluffed that penalty against Luton. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:Looking at the projections tonight, there's no logical reason for us to end up the NPL. The current projection has Bedworth as play-off winners (given their higher finishing positions) and even with them at Step 3 we're still safe - just. I think we'd probably be next in line though if somebody resigns.

I'm still a bit concerned it relies on Daventry being pushed north ahead of us, if Bedworth go up - as we are geographically further north than Daventry as far as I can see (assuming Google Maps is lined up correctly). I did raise the question of the possibility of St Ives being moved north early in this thread - as they might be a bit further north than either of the Northants teams.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Another factor could be that the FA sometimes prefer not to move clubs already in a division, so for instance Quorn and Shepshed were relegated to the UCL rather than moving the much more geographically suitable Kirby Muxloe. I wouldn't expect St Ives to go North, far more likely to be put in the Isthmian (Ryman) League.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Formic wrote:

I'm still a bit concerned it relies on Daventry being pushed north ahead of us, if Bedworth go up - as we are geographically further north than Daventry as far as I can see (assuming Google Maps is lined up correctly). I did raise the question of the possibility of St Ives being moved north early in this thread - as they might be a bit further north than either of the Northants teams.
Looking at the map, the proximity of the more southernly based northern sides around Birmingham would favour shifting Daventry north, whereas with St Ives and Bedford being quite close for ourselves, favour us going into Southern Central:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 6SHIwcNFow

Hopefully Barton Rovers can do us a favour tomorrow and win.