Players In. Players Out.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Players In. Players Out.

Post by FOOTYMAN »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Who's your friend?
The same friend who informed me that Elliot was leaving our club, and that Jack was leaving our club..
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

FOOTYMAN wrote:
SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Who's your friend?
The same friend who informed me that Elliot was leaving our club, and that Jack was leaving our club..
Think it`s fair to say a few of us were aware of the likely departure of Elliot & Wizz a while before it happened but chose to say nothing, if for no other reason than it may hinder any efforts the Club may be making to retain them, if such efforts were being made. However Uncle Albert & many others did what they did during the war for many reasons including, so we as citizens of the great Country can say what we like when we like (within reason)
But if every bit of Club gossip, rumour or general made up bo ocks is to be posted, can we have the assurance of all that we will never revisit the thread regarding the OWS being slow to post information, as i`m sure they will wish to continue dealing in confirmed facts as we would all wish them to.
Cotty

Post by Cotty »

I was sorry to see Elliot and Wizz leave. I shall be equally sorry if anyone else goes as they have all played an important part in the brief bur impressive history of the club. However, like Brownie, I wish people would wait for official confirmation of any news. As Uncle Albert's nephew famously and repeatedly said 'you know it makes sense.'
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
It would be pretty boring on here without speculation.
Amen. At risk of sounding like i'm going against the grain here, If it's R&D related and not libellous, slanderous or malicious it's fair game on here as far as i'm concerned.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Brownie wrote:
FOOTYMAN wrote:It has been rumoured that we have successfully made an approach and signed James Tricks from Kings Lynn. A pacey right sided winger and also link up player for the forwards. Has anyone heard if this is the case, and do we have any news on Lance and Gilly ?
Is this the James Tricks who ran riot against us Sat :roll: or the No 8 who was well noted for committing a foul on average every 2 mins throughout the game :oops:
'Twas the number 8, who plays for Wisbech (and following Saturday I use play in the loosest terms) not Kings Lynn, and wouldn't get on our bench.
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

I'm with BartonRaz on this one. Yes we're a fan owned club and yes we run tight ship, however we're also football fans, and a large part of being a football fan is gossiping and offering up conjecture on all manner of stuff concerning our club. How dull do you want this forum to become?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Diamond_ Wolf
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

ChorltonV wrote:I'm with BartonRaz on this one. Yes we're a fan owned club and yes we run tight ship, however we're also football fans, and a large part of being a football fan is gossiping and offering up conjecture on all manner of stuff concerning our club. How dull do you want this forum to become?
+1
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
ChorltonV wrote:I'm with BartonRaz on this one. Yes we're a fan owned club and yes we run tight ship, however we're also football fans, and a large part of being a football fan is gossiping and offering up conjecture on all manner of stuff concerning our club. How dull do you want this forum to become?
+1
+2 ;)
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

ChorltonV wrote:How dull do you want this forum to become?
Often the people telling others what they should or shouldn't say are people that know (or are able to find out) whether what they're reading is true or not. If you get my drift. ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote:
Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
It would be pretty boring on here without speculation.
Amen. At risk of sounding like i'm going against the grain here, If it's R&D related and not libellous, slanderous or malicious it's fair game on here as far as i'm concerned.
Agree if you want to say it do so, i`m not against that but depending where the information comes from, it may in some instances be wise to keep it stum for a while for fear of possibly f in up the signing of a good prospective incoming player. But if we all blurt out everything we think may be about to happen, please no more from Da Do Ron Ron, complaining it was on here before the Club announced it.