The referee tonight...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

The referee tonight...

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Is a lifelong passionate K*ttering Town fan!It wasn't like you could tell was it? 2 blatant pens not given! Bang out of order!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: The referee tonight...

Post by Olly »

I was in the same class as him at school and did have a feeling he may have been a K*ttering fan. No surprises on that performance, perhaps he did see the blatant handball in the first half afterall :twisted:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Is a lifelong passionate K*ttering Town fan!It wasn't like you could tell was it? 2 blatant pens not given! Bang out of order!
The penalty decisions were poor, but overall I think he was fair and gave us a number of free-kicks 30 yards from goal. Maybe could have shown a card or 2 to the Huntingdon players for time wasting
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

The cards should have come early in the game for persistent fouling by the No 3 & 4, at which point it would have stopped or they could have had a go at playing with 10 men. The number of free kicks (maybe someone was counting & can give amount) we had in the first 30 half was ridiculous to not result in a card or 2 but it did serve to break up play when we most looked like taking control. The ref was not who should have had the game he withdrew at short notice, but I think UCL Prem is a high enough level for the Commandant of match officials to have enough information on his Men in Black to not give a match as big as last night to a known supporter of one of the teams rivals. Though it`s not the first time we have played a very important match and been officiated by a K*ttering follower, so maybe it`s something we will have to get used to :roll:
The clown in the middle was over friendly with Huntingdon players before & during the game and appeared to be thoroughly enjoying his moment in the sun (in front of the watching K*ttering management team) the was a Refs assessor there but will anything be said or done, not a bloody prayer so sorry folks it`s just more sh t we have got to live with.
PS Was never a pen, ball took a deflection of the invisible man though only spotted by the joker :oops:
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 43 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I think we have to remember that we are step 5 football and as such that attracts two types of referees, the first is the old stager who enjoys watching the game from the middle and knows all the tricks that players try to pull. We didn't have one of those.

The second are the young ambitious ones who are trying to rise up through the ranks as quickly as possible, don't have much experience either playing, coaching or watching and control he game the way they think the assessor wants to.

One of the most important lessons I learnt in coaching was to coach for those in front of you (the kids) and not those behind you (the parents) and that's true of referees they should ref the game for the players and not those outside the touchline.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Was he really a K*ttering fan, I know he was poor but really?
OundleDiamond

Post by OundleDiamond »

Yep 100% a K*ttering fan. Used to play in a team with his brother who would assure me after every derby game that K*ttering must've been the better side because 'my brother was there and i read Poppynet.' :lol: Nice lad but a bit delusional.
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

Please don,t lets get like "them up the road " and start bitching about the referee just because we lose ! :roll:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

diamondal wrote:Please don,t lets get like "them up the road " and start bitching about the referee just because we lose ! :roll:
We won on Tuesday, and still moaned about the ref!! Who was about 10 times worse than the K*ttering fan last night.

Overall the standard of refereeing at this level is shocking!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

sandringhamdiamond wrote:Was he really a K*ttering fan, I know he was poor but really?
Yep! We went to the same school. I used to wind up his brother up permanently about how poo K*ttering are. He also referreed lots of my games growing up and was always useless and irritating!