Gateshead Highlights - Now Available

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RushdenTillIDie

Re: Gateshead Highlights - Now Available

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Formic wrote:It's not my call to decide whether you should take them down - I'm just a fan like you - but your argument is pretty weak IMO.

The player has a support section to help those who can't sort out their browser settings, and I assume the youngsters who aren't old enough for a credit card have a parent / guardian who can sign up on their behalf.

It's not costing the club any revenue though is it? - people were signing up for free then unsubscribing - no one here has said after seeing those 8 goals, brilliant i'm gonna give 3 pounds a month from now on for this service - I will get Pig to take them down, and i will enjoy highlights anyhow as i have the player -

sorry - see you at the Oxford game
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I can see both sides of the argument to be honest.

Loads of people are skint at the moment, so they wouldn't get the player anyway, its a luxury too far, but it might put off those that can afford it but haven't yert got it (and even those that pay now) if they feel they can get highlights for free.

I haven't got the player personally, and I won't get it anyway as I don't think its great value for money, but thats just a personal choice. I was pleased to see the goals again, but they are ingrained in my memory anyway, along with many many other goals from our short history , so I wouldn't have lost a lot of sleep if I didn't get to see them again - it was nice to though.

If the club has an issue with them being on You Tube I'm sure they'll disappear sooner than later.

What the club should really be looking at doing is reinstating the end of season DVD (or video as it was). I loved collecting them and would pay good money again to see a review of this season - I understand cost was an issue, what with copyright issues etc - but I'd dearly love to part with some of my hard earned cash for that !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:
Formic wrote:It's not my call to decide whether you should take them down - I'm just a fan like you - but your argument is pretty weak IMO.

The player has a support section to help those who can't sort out their browser settings, and I assume the youngsters who aren't old enough for a credit card have a parent / guardian who can sign up on their behalf.

It's not costing the club any revenue though is it? - people were signing up for free then unsubscribing - no one here has said after seeing those 8 goals, brilliant i'm gonna give 3 pounds a month from now on for this service - I will get Pig to take them down, and i will enjoy highlights anyhow as i have the player -

I would like it known by all that Pig mentioned in the above post is NOT me !!!!!
RushdenTillIDie

PigmanRDFC wrote:
RushdenTillIDie wrote:

I would like it known by all that Pig mentioned in the above post is NOT me !!!!!
I can vouch for that ;) my mates nickname at uni is Pigi, sorry Pigman i didn't want to involve you like that :lol:
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

S'ok, just didn't want there to be any confusion.
RushdenTillIDie

PigmanRDFC wrote:What the club should really be looking at doing is reinstating the end of season DVD (or video as it was). I loved collecting them and would pay good money again to see a review of this season - I understand cost was an issue, what with copyright issues etc - but I'd dearly love to part with some of my hard earned cash for that !!
Now that i do! agree with, I would buy the dvd, in fact i want a dvd!. lets hope they sort it out.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Tbh i see it that for those who would be interested in seeing the goals, then its nie to be able to see them on You Tube. For me, i have been a to a few games, so i dont want to pay to see the goals on the Diamonds player, its just nice to have the option occasionally. Personally if i was unable to get to many games, then i would consider getting the player. With all the added interviews etc, i think it would enable me to keep in touch. Having not seen it im not 100% sure, but i would also guess that the quality is much better on the player than on YouTube, probably being the deciding factor for some. In truth, however, i cant imagine that this would make that much difference in income for the club, although i accept that every little helps, as that Greek philospher, Tescopous, said!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The quality certainly seems a lot better on the player.

A lot of the DiamondWorld subscribers didn't renew when they lost the video highlights feature, so the good work done in recent weeks to edit and upload video interviews and more recently the Stevenage and Gateshead highlights will hopefully encourage some of them to continue with a subscription for the remainder of the season, and possibly renew for next season.

As I mentioned about the Stevenage game, there are even some highlights people may not have seen at the game - i.e. the incident between the two benches at the end - which can be seen for the first time via the highlights package.

I notice there have already been 130 people viewing the youtube version, so there must be a demand.
Last edited by Formic on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davealbon
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Formic wrote:The quality certainly seems a lot better on the player.

A lot of the DiamondWorld subscribers didn't renew when they lost the video highlights feature, so the good work done in recent weeks to edit and upload video interviews and more recently the Stevenage and Gateshead highlights will hopefully encourage some of them to continue with a subscription for the remainder of the season, and possibly renew for next season.
I've not signed up to the player (yet) but I'm considering it. Are the Stevenage highlights still available, and if so how long do they stay on there for? Do you know if there are there going to be other games before the end of the season?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The Stevenage highlights are still there. With the original DiamondWorld product they stayed there for five seasons, so I'd guess they'll be there for a while yet.

I think the plan was to provide highlights for the remaining home games.
Last edited by Formic on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.