Diamonds squad taking shape

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mat.H

Re: Diamonds squad taking shape

Post by Mat.H »

Brownie wrote:Hopey I`m sure is no more than work as don`t think he has been to training yet, with school and his other commitments presume it`s manic for him at moment. Even if he is not available every week we need him about as much as possible. Parky hopefully is on the mend as if no Hopey on a regular basis need him and Deaks. One of the new boys can also play at the back and has done before, Kingy :roll: :roll: holding out for a signing on fee :lol:
Still think the will be 2/3 more to come in.
And some of those signed on may not actually stay long, especially if they don't get a start!
AFC R&D Membership No 283
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Trek wrote:Just Hopey, Parky and Kingy to make their minds up. I guess Parky won't formally sign until his health issues are resolved.
The three yet to sign are probably the 3 non-contracted players I was most concerned about losing personally.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Mat.H wrote:And some of those signed on may not actually stay long, especially if they don't get a start!
Always going to be a problem in any Club, you need cover & a squad of 20+ but if you start well and have no injuries some may go a while waiting for a start. We do have more league games this season and 4 Cup comps so hopefully will be able to keep most players happy ish :!:

With the way things went last season + our support and set up, it will be easier for us to keep squad players than it is for many other teams.

Players will come and go but that`s the way it is, given a choice between 20 happy players and a mid table finish or a few changes in the dressing room during the season a a little bit of silver come next May I know where I stand.

Change is to be expected, think of the player turnover at NP as the club progressed in the early days.