Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UttoDiamond

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by UttoDiamond »

Rushden's always tried to wind-up K*ttering!!! :lol:
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

UttoDiamond wrote:BBC article here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23036056

Do think the author needs to make more of a fact that this has nothing to do with us.
Nice little reference to us at the end there though :D
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Ah it's been amended. Good stuff. Jon Wilkinson has always had a soft spot for us.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

Oh how they laughed when KC and his little band of helpers took us for a ride then hung our Club out with the washing. Then did they follow IL down the A6 to NP, YOU BET THEY DID :x, and for what reason :?: So they could laugh and say "you lost your Club and now we play in your lovely stadium" :twisted: Sure many of them thought, the National up front and honest championship final would be a close run thing between IL & KC :?: You almost feel sorry for people that naive. KC is a cleaver bloke who can and enjoys making money, i`m sure he saw our Club/ground as an opportunity which he took with both hands & no doubt in the future will reap the rewards of his investment. He must have thought Christmas had come early when they turned up and agreed silly money to play at NP. On the plus side 140 years of abject mediocrity may well soon come to an end. How they must all be laughing now, and looking forward to the forum tonight.
Were having a party when K*ttering die
Jelly & ice cream when K*ttering die
Can the social secretary book a venue please and make it a large one, :lol: :lol: to much irony for it to be The Diamond Center i presume. ;)
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Positive night for our Ploppy chums I hear. RJ in charge, Ladick gone, the sun is shining and all is well with the world - just need to get over the hurdle that is KC's winding up order then the sky is the limit if they get behind the club. I'm kinda pleased for RJ, he seems a genuine bloke who has worked hard to salvage the club with little support from many fans who couldn't see beyond Ladick...... I'm sure the "faithful" will all be back next year justifying why they turned their backs on the club they claimed to love - and they called us glory hunters :roll: .

I never wanted them to go boobies up, just struggle - hopefully the latter will continue next season, but if they embrace the new order and get behind the club in numbers this may be the new start they wanted - IF they can get past 22nd July - I'm guessing RJ is confident they will.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

RJ didn't give an actual amount they owe to KC though did they? But apparently they terminated their lease at NP in December.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

The trouble is that he is taking on KC over the lease and KC is not a man to take on lightly, I hope RJ has a good legal team or the celebrating could be short lived.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

UttoDiamond wrote:RJ didn't give an actual amount they owe to KC though did they? But apparently they terminated their lease at NP in December.
Surely KC did that for them when he put the signs up in the shop window etc.? Seems weird that he's contesting what must be a pretty small amount for him.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

UttoDiamond wrote:RJ didn't give an actual amount they owe to KC though did they? But apparently they terminated their lease at NP in December.
Correction. They allege that KC terminated the lease on the 8th December. Not like KC to be caught out like that with his legal background. :shock:
Last edited by Trek on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

If K*ttering really are out of Nene Park I wish they'd take their name off it. It's infuriating.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291