New Signing - Nat Liburd

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UttoDiamond

Re: New Signing - Nat Liburd

Post by UttoDiamond »

I don't know how we can compete with Spalding, even with our "resources." Some of their signings are ridiculous.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I think it great that Spalding United will be the pre-season favourites for the title. Makes it easier for us, particularly when it doesn't go to plan and Rayment starts complaining in the local rag about this and that and having poor crowds as he did on many occasions last season. Plenty of resource last season but could only manage third place.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Let's not try and compete with them then. It would be better to aim for top-6 next season, whilst Spalding are going all out for it. Once they've gone up we'll have a nice foundation to try ourselves. IMO that would be better than overreaching and trying to gun them down next season. If they want to pay silly money let's just let them, we're not about that.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

UttoDiamond wrote:I don't know how we can compete with Spalding, even with our "resources." Some of their signings are ridiculous.
Lets not give up just yet :cry:
Money is not always the direct route to guaranteed success ask a Man City fan or the Oadby chairman :lol:
Spalding were being handed the title last year in August when Tolley & Co started arriving yet they finished 3rd. Now signing as many of the league winners Holbeach as they can. This being a very familiar route at this level, Sileby and the 2011/12 Long Buckby squad, though the kicker here is the most influential member of that team happened to sigh for us two weeks ago. We ain't a bad side now & sure will be even better come Aug 10th. Keep the faith 22 unbeaten & counting.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I don't give a stuff what others are doing and who they're signing, I'm just going to focus on us and use the old football cliché of "take one game at a time" - what will be will be and all that !!

I'm so looking forward to this new season, the momentum is with us, we have a good squad which is being improved, we have a lot to be optimistic about.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Bob's Bitch wrote:Let's not try and compete with them then. It would be better to aim for top-6 next season, whilst Spalding are going all out for it. Once they've gone up we'll have a nice foundation to try ourselves. IMO that would be better than overreaching and trying to gun them down next season. If they want to pay silly money let's just let them, we're not about that.

I wish there was a "Like" button on here.............good post Rob 8-) 8-)
Three Nips

Post by Three Nips »

This one took a bit more thinking about but I've just had a brainwave and think I've cracked it (to the tune of the chorus in The Jam's Big Bird):-

Get the ball Liburd
Beat your man Liburd
Get the ball Liburd
Beat your man Liburd
Get the ball Liburd
Score a goal Liburd
Get the ball Liburd
Score a goal Liburd
Nat Liburd!
Everywhere we go....
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Full marks for originality but I think you are over-complicating things.

How about a good old-fashioned (to the tune of Hey Jude).

Na, na, na, na, na, na, Nat!
Na, na, na, Nat!
Liburd!
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

AndyKirkup wrote:Full marks for originality but I think you are over-complicating things.

Na, na, na, Nat!
Liburd!
Good effort, but that is the tune of the official 'we have a corner' song!
Member Number: 21
Three Nips

Post by Three Nips »

AndyKirkup wrote:Full marks for originality but I think you are over-complicating things.

Na, na, na, Nat!
Liburd!
Over-complicated! I'd even dumbed it down so it was highly repetitive and easily memorable. The original was much more ingenius but did include some rude words that may not have been seen as wholly acceptable so I scrapped that and came up with the layman's version.
Everywhere we go....