Party in the Park - cancelled

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Party in the Park - cancelled

Post by STAGMAN »

As you may know some of us will be maning an AFC stall at the Rushden party in the Park on saturday ( weather permitting) As well as spreading the word , selling merchandise etc we are also hoping to have cake stall as well . So we would be very grateful for any cakes for this, either bring them to the stall on Saturday or pm me or phone me on 01933 316314 and i will collect if local cheers Stagman
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: CAKE STALL ON SATURDAY

Post by The Godfather »

On the Party in the Park Facebook page, it's saying it's been cancelled already!
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

The Godfather wrote:On the Party in the Park Facebook page, it's saying it's been cancelled already!
Yes, I saw that too, and had heard it was quite likely given current state, and the forecast through the week that there was more rain to come. Haven't had an official email yet from Richard Lewis at the council yet (but as they say they will send out on Monday), but looks to be confirmed.

That would also follow on from Wellingborough which had to cancel both days of their event at the Weekend - first time in 104 years I think someone said.

Rushden Party in The Park I can assure you that this is OFFICIAL and if you have any queires please contact Rushden Town Council on 01933 316216. I am a Committee Member and we have done an inspection on the park this evening and we can not run the risk of putting vehicles on the grass as the ground is sodden and would cause too much damage to the park! We are as disappointed as everyone else and we really didnt want to have to Cancel. All stall holders and all involved will be contacted tommorow! Unfortunately, Mother Nature has won once again.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Shame i have always enjoyed the party in the park , plus it was a good chance to get our name out there as well
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Party in the Park - cancelled

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

The cancellation of PITP means the Junior School Football Tournament is also cancelled, it's a real shame as some of these kids don't get the opportunity to play football at other times. We shall be looking to see if we can hold it at another time.
diamondal

Re: Party in the Park - cancelled

Post by diamondal »

Means I can get to the D&D Sat, I had promised to take my grandson to the PITP but, that lets meoff the hook ! :roll: