Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
DiamondEejit

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by DiamondEejit »

Are they seriously staying at Nene Park, hoping for an attendance of 700? Wasn't the break even for us 2,500? How does this make sense to anyone!? :lol: :lol:
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Yet another highlight of Desperate Measures... :D :lol:

GR is either incredibly deluded or just doing this all for a laugh, how the f*** are they going to survive on a full time budget of £20k and how the f*** are they going to get an average of 700 in the SLP, they wouldn't have even got that in the BSP last season if they hadn't of virtually given away all their STs, they're going to have to win just about every game to have any chance of getting that, which even with that budget I can't see, its not like its that weak a league.

And their comments of it being better than UCL 1 are laughable, I stand by my comment of being 100% certain that I'd rather our position than their position right now even if they are 3 levels above us, they're almost certainly as we've been saying for months and months dying a very slow death and they'll be lucky to survive into 2013, cause if they don't win every game and have a promotion push (which I don't think they will) they're f***ed.

Oh and this makes me think how much has changed, this time last year both clubs (technically) were level 5 clubs, 12 months later they're level 7 and we're level 10, with Corby Town as the second team in the county! Will be very interesting to see what the future holds for Northants football.
Last edited by Olly on Wed May 23, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

GR stated "i garentee we will be at least in the play offs next season and we will have at least 1800/2000 watching us by christmass,this is because football fans are a fickle lot and they forget all about the problems behind the scenes(ref to i ladak and sh8t state of the club) as long as they are watching a winning team" :D :D
also made a referance to once again targeting local people and x rdfc fans in iboro /rushden/welling and also said there are ex diamonds fans here already,when questioned about how many?he said "4" :shock: :shock: WOW HOW WILL WE SURVIVE WITHOUT THEM???? something else made me smile"quite frankley this is the poorest conference side i have ever seen and they were pretty sh8t and would have struggled to get out of the conference north/south.................then goes on to tell people that he has managed to persuade half the team to stay on!!!!!!!!!!!!! iflle/bridges/ford(youth player)/walker/sangre/davis(maybe,only if he goes part time) all poor
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:The thing is, if the CVA is not accepted, there could still be further sanctions.
I would imagine that the Southern league would want assurances that they can see out a season 8-)
Thing is, I guess their major creditors (or 76% of them as I believe it needs to be) are the same as our major creditor was.............so done deal !

Rivalry aside, as a football fan I actually feel sorry for them, we knew all the way along where they were heading, you only have to read back through this thread to see this isn't the benefit of hindsight, they've been in denial for a long time.

Who knows, maybe George will be the first person to make NP pay by sweating the assets, if he can't, then it'll be him sweating very soon.

Not surprising news is it?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Reading Poppynet I feel sorry for them, they're completely split. They'll be extremely lucky to get 700 next season.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Those on Poppynet seem to think the new price of £12 will have the queues forming at Nene Park - conveniently forgetting that pre-Christmas last season it was below that for football two levels higher - and the number of "pay-on-the-day" fans was pitiful.

I see the one guy on Poppynet who has tried to have some sympathy with the poor creditors who will get little due to the CVA has been bullied into submission whilst being accused of not being a Poppy fan. I can't believe how blinkered the vast majority on there continue to be - despite all that has gone on.

Those that warned a CVA was inevitable when Rolls arrived are also being told to go off and support a phoenix club.

We'll get an idea if this whole initiative was planned recently by Rolls off his own bat when the identity of the CVA administrators is revealed. Will it be a firm from Essex who injected sponsorship funds into the Diamonds during the KC regime, and then acted as their liquidator - or the one Rolls used previously ?
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

It really is laughable. Staying full time with a budget of 20k a month but only paying a pittance to their creditors is wrong, just wrong.

I really can't see how/where they'll get the income they need from to make it work in the Southern League - provided of course, that they are accepted into that league. I'm not sure I'd vote to accept them if I were asked to and if I were a creditor I certainly wouldn't be accepting the terms of the CVA.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I can't see the £20k per month figure as more than a teaser to get people buying season tickets. As with all the recent seasons that will be cut as soon as there is confirmation of their attendance figures.

They are obviously expecting a long run in the FA Cup and Trophy as they have forecast there will be 30 games at Nene Park next season whilst trying to justify car parking charges. :D :D
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

so how does that work then,

35k p/month costs of being at NP
20k per month on wages

Income with all 700 fans paying £12 x 2 matches per month = 16.8k

so thats a shortfall of 33.2k per month to make up!!!!!!!!!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Chammie

Post by Chammie »

Diamondsforever wrote:........ if I were a creditor I certainly wouldn't be accepting the terms of the CVA.
Of course you wouldn't, noboddy would now that everybodies just been told that, instead of repaying creditors, they propose to spend £20k per month on paying the players.
How on earth would GR sell a cva to the creditors on that basis - or the League come to that?
And why would he say such a stupid thing in an open meeting knowing how the creditors, maybe the league too, would react?
Apart from the obvious, something's very 'not right here.'