Am I right in thinking...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Am I right in thinking...

Post by Trek »

PigmanRDFC wrote:
TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:He was only 18 to be fair?
I was going to say that, he was only a kid !!! Technically he wasn't a R&DFC player though was he, only a loan.
He was actually 19. Was a regular for Cambridge United when only 17. Saw him play for Cambridge against Duane Darby after he joined Shrewsbury.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Trek wrote:He was great for Cambridge United at an even younger age and that's why he commanded a £300k fee from Everton.
I remember watching him play against us for Cambridge when he was 17, he was incredible, practically unbeatable. (Can't remember the score, I would have been very young) I raved about him to my best mate who is an Everton fan, and they signed him shortly after. Safe to say I had bragging rights for a while when that move initially happened!
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

DiamondEejit wrote: I remember watching him play against us for Cambridge when he was 17, he was incredible, practically unbeatable. (Can't remember the score, I would have been very young)....
That was Cambridge United's last league appearance when they beat us 1-0 at Nene Park on the 30th April 2005 before a crowd of over 5,000! The Toffeemen signed Ruddy shortly after that match.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

He was outstanding that day, I remember a save he pulled off from Phil Gulliver (I think) after which I spent a good couple of minutes trying to work out how on earth he had managed to get to the shot, which was a rocket from just inside the area.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter