Eastbourne Match Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rushandd

Re: Eastbourne Match Thread

Post by rushandd »

BartonRaz wrote:I thought we were pretty average last night to be honest, but we got the win and that is the main thing.

We looked like we were missing Tomlin from the start. No-one was really taking anyone on and the main chances were coming from balls over the top. I thought Porter looked out of sorts but other than that everyone played well enough to get the job done.

Great to see us in 4th place, but realistically we will need to play better than that if we want to take more than about 3 points from the next 4.

You know what? the fact we are 4th at the mo, means we have been playing better doesnt it? I agree that there are aspects of our game that does need to be stepped up to compete with who we have lined up to still play, but not saying it cant be done....cos i feel it can, or we wouldnt be sitting where we are now, we would be mid or lower table. So while its all going along nicely as it is....i dont want nothing to come along and rock the boat....i just say well done to all the lads, we didnt "miss" Tomlin although of course hes a asset to the team, cos we have players who can fit in that slot.....which is always a good thing. If we had lost last night, would you have said it was because Tomlin was not in the team also? Maybe if Tomlin had been playing we may have got a few more goals, but as it stands, he wasnt there, we didnt need him and we won !! happy days !! :lol:
Last edited by rushandd on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Last night was one of those awkward games, which although on paper you're expected to win against a side near bottom of the table can be tough to get a result from. Sure, we will need to be more alert against Stevenage, but the main thing was picking up the three points last night. I thought overall we did fine, and I don't think we missed Tommo overall, although certainly he would have been an asset to have available last night.

Well done lads and roll on Stevenage! :)
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rushandd wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:I thought we were pretty average last night to be honest, but we got the win and that is the main thing.

We looked like we were missing Tomlin from the start. No-one was really taking anyone on and the main chances were coming from balls over the top. I thought Porter looked out of sorts but other than that everyone played well enough to get the job done.

Great to see us in 4th place, but realistically we will need to play better than that if we want to take more than about 3 points from the next 4.

You know what? the fact we ARE 4th at the mo, means we HAVE been playing better doesnt it? I agree that there are aspects of our game that DOES need to be stepped up to compete with who we have lined up to still play, but not saying it cant be done....cos i feel it can, or we wouldnt be sitting where we are now, we would be mid or lower table. So while its all going along nicely as it is....i dont want nothing to come along and rock the boat....i just say well done to all the lads, we didnt "miss" Tomlin although of course hes a asset to the team, cos we have players who can fit in that slot.....which is always a good thing. If we had lost last night, would you have said it was because Tomlin was not in the team also? Maybe if Tomlin had been playing we MAY have got a few more goals, but as it stands, he wasnt there, we didnt need him and we won !! happy days !! :lol:
so DO you THINK if WE play LIKE that ON saturday WE will GET any POINTS?

My point wasn't about how many goals we scored, it was about how we played. But like i said, we won, and thats the main thing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 493591.stm Seems Edinburgh agrees.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rushandd

Post by rushandd »

so DO you THINK if WE play LIKE that ON saturday WE will GET any POINTS?

My point wasn't about how many goals we scored, it was about how we played. But like i said, we won, and thats the main thing.

Excuse me but i did say we need to step it up against some of the teams we have still to play and Satanage being one of the main of course....and my point was if we've been playing $hit all season we wouldnt be 3 places behind the top team would we (putting us on a good par for winning this stupid league same as any of them above us at the moment)....so we must be doing something right !!! If you say that about last night, what about Saturdays game against Grays? That werent exactly awe inspiring was it !!! but we won.....and the lads did a bloody good job..... Satanage and the like aint Grays are they....so again, i said "yes i agree we have to step it up now"....what part of "i agree with you there" didnt you get ???
Last edited by rushandd on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rushandd

Post by rushandd »

And JE said:

Rushden & Diamonds manager Justin Edinburgh:

"It was solid rather than spectacular.

"In a tight game it took two set-pieces to win us the game. But overall I thought we were worthy of the win."

So where in that statement does it say, "we wont win against Satanage if we play like that again"....im not saying they aint a good team but they are beatable....im used to watching Satanage, and we on a good par with them experienced player wise.....i still say we have a bloody good chance of doing them or a 1-1 draw...if they do beat us, its not going to be a whitewash
Last edited by rushandd on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oh Jesus.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rushandd

Post by rushandd »

:D :) :D
Downsie53

Post by Downsie53 »

BartonRaz wrote:Oh Jesus.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd GIVE up IF I were you MATE ;)
Agreed on your assessment tho Raz, we did enough to win, if unspectacularly, but after years of drawing those kind of games 0-0, or even losing them 1-0, i'll take it!
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
rushandd

Post by rushandd »

Whatever...........
Last edited by rushandd on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter