BBC Announcement

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: BBC Announcement

Post by The Godfather »

Time for everyone to get there boots and shinpads out, and get ready for Rushden FC Trials in the UCL!
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Where to start? (sigh).

Firstly, the Hoddle Consortium's "offer" has kind of queered the pitch for everyone else now. Even if there were other people interested, its taken them so long to come up with the money (well, they haven't have they!) that they have left no time for any other interested party to do anything before the Conference AGM - I had been relatively optimistic, but I really think we're buggered now !! Thanks Glenn (and your mystery backers), if you hadn't got the money in place why f*** about all week long effectively killing my club??? Good luck to the next poor club they f*** about with - bloody amateurs !! :evil:

There were others interested I understand, but if they can't come up with the goods within the next few hours I fully expect us to be relegated tomorrow and their interest to wane if we're no longer a BSP club.

I see a lot of comments, negative comments, about GHA and how it would work - well right now who gives a flying fart, we'll never see will we. I was quite excited about this, a bit unsure as I'm positive that any business plan they had would be for GHA, not R&DFC - but we'd have a club still. How it would have worked would have become clear in time, but in GH we would have got hell of a lot of media coverage and I'm sure we'd have attracted a lot of curious people along to have a look. Whether or not the club would have developed and become self sustainable over time is an unknown, I'm fairly sure GH would have really just been focused on the academy, R&DFC as a community club would have been dead - but it would have been an interesting experiment and who knows, we maay have seen some good players develop.

We're now faced with the real possibility that our club is dead, it is the lowest point given the known deadlines we have of the AGM tomorrow and the winding up orders on Monday.

I guess there will be some twists and turns tonight, I'm thinking some people will be having a late night I'm sure, but I'm guessing that the only person who can really save us now is "shhhh, he who cannot be named" - he has the money, but will he part with it? Or will the land just get developed?

I think as fans we have been totally shafted by a number of people, I really hope we get someone to paw over the dead body of our club if it comes to that, find out exactly what has happened and if there is something to answer for, make these people pay in some way. I feel very bitter at the moment. I feel lied to and betrayed.

Speaking of being betrayed, I really feel for Justin Edinburgh in all of this. He's been totally ignored and overlooked and basically treated like shit by our owners. I wish him well in whatever he decides to do because I'm fairly sure that even if by some miracle we do manage to pull the irons out of the fire he'll tell us to feck off, and I for one wouldn't blame him.

Something may still happen overnight, but I'm not holding my breath now, our club is definately a "dead man walking" :(
Last edited by Pigman on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sheriff1993

Post by sheriff1993 »

Did anybody play tonights Euromillions?

I feel that this might be our only hope.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Anyone know Justin's address? We should all send him thank you cards as a final gesture of appreciation. :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
easystreet

Post by easystreet »

PigmanRDFC wrote:Where to start? (sigh).

Firstly, the Hoddle Consortium's "offer" has kind of queered the pitch for everyone else now. Even if there were other people interested, its taken them so long to come up with the money (well, they haven't have they!) that they have left no time for any other interested party to do anything before the Conference AGM - I had been relatively optimistic, but I really think we're buggered now !! Thanks Glenn (and your mystery backers), if you hadn't got the money in place why f*** about all week long effectively killing my club??? Good luck to the next poor club they f*** about with - bloody amateurs !! :evil:

There were others interested I understand, but if they can't come up with the goods within the next few hours I fully expect us to be relegated tomorrow and their interest to wane if we're no longer a BSP club.

I see a lot of comments, negative comments, about GHA and how it would work - well right now who gives a flying fart, we'll never see will we. I was quite excited about this, a bit unsure as I'm positive that any business plan they had would be for GHA, not R&DFC - but we'd have a club still. How it would have worked would have become clear in time, but in GH we would have got hell of a lot of media coverage and I'm sure we'd have attracted a lot of curious people along to have a look. Whether or not the club would have developed and become self sustainable over time is an unknown, I'm fairly sure GH would have really just been focused on the academy, R&DFC as a community club would have been dead - but it would have been an interesting experiment and who knows, we maay have seen some good players develop.

We're now faced with the real possibility that our club is dead, it is the lowest point given the known deadlines we have of the AGM tomorrow and the winding up orders on Monday.

I guess there will be some twists and turns tonight, I'm thinking some people will be having a late night I'm sure, but I'm guessing that the only person who can really save us now is "shhhh, he who cannot be named" - he has the money, but will he part with it? Or will the land just get developed?

I think as fans we have been totally shafted by a number of people, I really hope we get someone to paw over the dead body of our club if it comes to that, find out exactly what has happened and if there is something to answer for, make these people pay in some way. I feel very bitter at the moment. I feel lied to and betrayed.

Speaking of being betrayed, I really feel for Justin Edinburgh in all of this. He's been totally ignored and overlooked and basically treated like shit by our owners. I wish him well in whatever he decides to do because I'm fairly sure that even if by some miracle we do manage to pull the irons out of the fire he'll tell us to feck off, and I for one wouldn't blame him.

Something may still happen overnight, but I'm not holding my breath now, our club is definately a "dead man walking" :(
Lets be fair this is no ones elses fault but our clubs. Our mess isnt GH problem

We have obviously lived beyond our means and to be fair we havent the fan base to maintain it even if someone does save us. Thats reality.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I agree to a point and I'm not totally blaming GH - but if the funds weren't secured from the outset, and they knew the deadlines we were working to, why piss about all week when they knew there were other people interested as well? To pull out so late they must have known they'd be leaving us in the crap.....................maybe they're Southport fans eh?

I'm not convinced that our probelms are totally caused by living beyond our means , but have no proof to back up what my true thoughts on the matter are.

Its all irrelevant anyway, unless there is a miracle, we're finished.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
easystreet

Post by easystreet »

if you leave things to near the deadline, normally someone will back down and a deal is brokered even though the person selling doesnt get what they want.

Its like a game of chess and how far you leave it depends how lucky you feel
wasteman

Post by wasteman »

[quote="PigmanRDFC"]I agree to a point and I'm not totally blaming GH - but if the funds weren't secured from the outset, and they knew the deadlines we were working to, why piss about all week when they knew there were other people interested as well? To pull out so late they must have known they'd be leaving us in the crap.

Are there other people interested? only hearsay from certain quarters??this has been going on for months now and still no word from the club. all we get is WE ARE IN TALKS. why haven't they issued a comment on the meeting with the league even if. WE HAVE HAD A MEETING AND WE HOPE TO ISSUE A STATEMENT SHORTLY.THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT. BLAH BLAH.but no.we have to hear from plopleynet about GH.and i hear from other sources about what is going on at NP.some-one said tonight that the bailiffs were there today.(a good source i might add they work there).
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

wasteman wrote:
PigmanRDFC wrote:I agree to a point and I'm not totally blaming GH - but if the funds weren't secured from the outset, and they knew the deadlines we were working to, why piss about all week when they knew there were other people interested as well? To pull out so late they must have known they'd be leaving us in the crap.

Are there other people interested? only hearsay from certain quarters??this has been going on for months now and still no word from the club. all we get is WE ARE IN TALKS. why haven't they issued a comment on the meeting with the league even if. WE HAVE HAD A MEETING AND WE HOPE TO ISSUE A STATEMENT SHORTLY.THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT. BLAH BLAH.but no.we have to hear from plopleynet about GH.and i hear from other sources about what is going on at NP.some-one said tonight that the bailiffs were there today.(a good source i might add they work there).
I quite agree about the lack of a statement. It's been really frustrating for all fans to have heard nothing, and in my volunteer role with the website and press liasion there has been that added frustration, which has got worse all week, despite repeated requests to those involved for any kind of a statement. I've come close to walking away from that role several times, and will do so if any news of our fate appears from other credible sources before there is a chance to put it on the website.