No Dealings

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: No Dealings

Post by BartonRaz »

And Downsie, its always nice to have an extra body in on deadline day to make things a bit more interesting, but remember we can still get free transfers in (and loans, if we have any more available?).
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Harry

Post by Harry »

Formic wrote:
Downsie53 wrote:am i the only one a little bit disappointed we didnt bring in an extra player??
delighted we haven't lost any, but think we needed an extra body to really push us into the play-off picture.
I think you are on your own on that one, in a similar way to your opinions on Tommo. ;) ;)

I certainly would have taken an offer of the "status quo" at any point during January - and even more so after Saturday.

Agreed.

In terms of those 4 signings Justin mentioned a few weeks ago, we've theoretically made three of them, with Tommo, Osano and J-Lo, and I'd much take that over four brand new players, some of which probably would have been rushed attempts at replacements!
Diamond down South.
Harry

Post by Harry »

BartonRaz wrote: As for Osano, well he will no go on a free in the summer, i'd be amazed if he signed a new deal.

Good point. Hadn't thought about that.

However, with that in mind, had we sold him today, we'd probably only have got a pittance.
Diamond down South.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

BartonRaz wrote:Im obviously delighted we have kept Tommo, but in the back of my mind is the fact his value is probably going to decrease every day from now until the summer, when he will only have a year left.

As for Osano, well he will no go on a free in the summer, i'd be amazed if he signed a new deal.
I seem to recall in the summer we gave Ranks a brand new contract then promptly sold him for a fee plus a player. Don't underestimate KC and JE!
AFC R & D member number 34
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Downsie53 wrote:am i the only one a little bit disappointed we didnt bring in an extra player??
delighted we haven't lost any, but think we needed an extra body to really push us into the play-off picture.
Sorry think you might be on your own! As Justin has said in many interviews recently, the squad is sort of still gelling together and is getting better all the time and unless we can get someone with some quality who will actually improve the squad (unlikely with the little money we have), there's no point in bringing anyone in who will just make up the numbers. So personally I'm delighted we didn't have to bring anyone new in and are sticking with the same squad as I really think have a great shout of the playoffs now.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

BartonRaz wrote:
As for Osano, well he will no go on a free in the summer, i'd be amazed if he signed a new deal.
Unless we go up via the playoffs, then I have no doubt he'll sign another contract with us. ;)

Great news about keeping Dale, Tommo and Curtis. I'm not going to say it.....no to hell with that - I TOLD YOU SO!

The Dale rumour was very very very wrong wasn't it? So whoever made that bullshit up should be very embarrassed. Someone putting 2+2 together and getting about 15 i think. Shame if Rachel Roberts really did tell his sponsers eh? Or if that more bullshit from a shit-stirrer?

I wish people would think before they post! :roll:
AFC R&D Member Number 444
ID

Post by ID »

Just got in from a great day out to see we've kept the Holy Trinity... what a great way to start the evening! Roll on the play-offs ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
p55

Post by p55 »

WARNING scotland deadline ends at 12 midnight celtic intrested in Tomlin
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

p55 wrote:WARNING scotland deadline ends at 12 midnight celtic intrested in Tomlin
We're safe:

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 17,00.html

(and no, it doesn't lead to the parrot) ;)
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

i hear rumours of a trialist defender who is free to sign if any good