Premier League Footballers

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Premier League Footballers

Post by Mad Dog »

DiamondEejit wrote:I'd say the biggest problem is most of them don't realise the influence they have on kids growing up and there are very few premiership footballers who are role models now days :| You tend to find some better role models out of the premiership or in retired players nowadays.
True, although the man who sticks out as the exception to this has to be Ryan Giggs.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Mad Dog wrote:
DiamondEejit wrote:I'd say the biggest problem is most of them don't realise the influence they have on kids growing up and there are very few premiership footballers who are role models now days :| You tend to find some better role models out of the premiership or in retired players nowadays.
True, although the man who sticks out as the exception to this has to be Ryan Giggs.
Agree with that 100%, he's my idol! Always been my favourite player. I met him after a game once and he signed my programme for me, it didnt show up properly so he went and got a different pen and signed it again! top, top bloke :D
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
mattreddan wrote:[You want us to do your homework ;)
Quite ironic from the guy who made this thread asking others for help to do his project :)

http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... 857#p30857
Solid par :lol:

[/quote]

That just shows you exactly what a fool you are, The topic above is beneficial to the club and the thirty or forty people I have spoken to about it are all in agreement. It needs to be a topic that has a full inclusion of as many supporters as possible, but hey ho there was no way you'd know that as all you ever do is find something to nit pick about.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Mad Dog wrote:

I gotta argue that point as I'd say that David Beckham is an absolute legend and a fantastic role model.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

oliv272 wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:
oliv272 wrote:I am currently doing a bit of coursework on which involves writing a letter of complaint, my chosen subject is premier league footballers. In order to be able to write a good complaint I need other peoples views on them as well, positive and negative would be nice. It could be on any aspect of them the crazier the better.

Thanks

You want us to do your homework ;)
Not at all, just doing some research into others opinions as the complaint has to show both sides of the topic.

There was a deliberate wink at the end of my quote, indicating that I was of course joking.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:

I gotta argue that point as I'd say that David Beckham is an absolute legend and a fantastic role model.
Throughout the latter years of his career maybe, but he too has been involved in his fair share of controversy.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Throughout the latter years of his career maybe, but he too has been involved in his fair share of controversy.
Great player for United and England, (and I loved him throughout the 90s and early 00s) and I'd say a good role model now, but was accused of a couple of affairs if i remember rightly?
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

An apparent affair with Rebecca Loos landed him right in the shitter... :oops:
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

All ALLEGED affairs tbh. The way Becks dealt with the aftermath of the 98 sending off and continued to play in England even though he was hated universally, says loads to me.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »